PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of chaos army, version 2.0

philwinky
15-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Ok, so I still havent played a game yet, but Iv been reading around and what not and decided to change the army.
This list is based upon the realisation that my guys are slow but hard to kill, and once they hit home theyll hit very hard!
So my lord is now not mounted, and the backbone of the army is three warrior units of decent size including a couple cannon fodder guys in the units, and to protect flanks the knights are there.
Now this has one main weakness, in that there are 6 units, and nothing of speed to remove skirmishers etc.
But let me know what you think, because Im thinking along the lines of being able to survive the storm of gun fire and magic and then get there and remove the enemy! Also, Iv attempted to achieve a balance between each unit, Each unit, with the exeption of characters and the shrine come in at around 300pts each, so providing they each do as much as each other with regards to victory manouvres and kills then all is going well :D
Also, iv included a warshrine, simply because the three main units champions will then become even scarier 9times out of 11!

So here goes:
Character:
Chaos Lord + MoK + Axe of Khorne + Chaos Runeshield + Acid Ichor + Favour of the gods = 340pts
Chaos sorcerer + 2x dispel scrolls = 135pts
Chaos sorcerer + 2x dispel scrolls = 135pts

Core:
14x Chaos Warriors + MoK + Shields + Halberds + Command = 298pts
13x chaos warrios + MoN + Shields + Halberds + Command = 281pts
13x chaos warrios + MoN + Shields + Halberds + Command = 281pts

Special:
5x Chaos Knights + MoN + Musician + Standard + Banner of Rage = 295pts
5x Chaos Knights + MoK + Musician + Standard + Blasted standard = 300pts

Rare:
Chaos Warshrine + MoN = 160pts
=2225pts

Any thought chaps?
Also any ideas on what to do with the spare 25pts?
Cheers,
Phil

Snoza
15-04-2009, 09:04 PM
That is a very Solid Looking List, but the one thing you will need to look out for is the inevidable Gunline which will rip right through your force, so i would suggest trying to include a least one or two units of 15-20 marauders with Mark of Slaanesh or 3 - 4 units of 5 Warhounds. (to stop anything bad happening to your WOC or Knights)

Hope that helps, but i wouldnt know what to take out for the units i have suggested, but im sure that someone will have an idea soon.

Snoza

Killer
15-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Ok phil, here we go again...:D

I like the list! Very similar to the previous one I used - and it had some good success!

But Snoz was right- you'll need something fast to take out bothersome units and /or to act as cannonfodder!

What I suggest you do, and this won't take too much tweaking, is this:

1. Put your Lord on a mount! Even if its just a Chaos Steed (which is a good idea I think), and run him with the Nurgle Knights! You'll see!......

2. Put your Sorcerers on steeds! 2+ Armour save is not a joke! Run one in each Nurgle warrior squad!

3. Drop your Nurgle warrior squads to 10 each. Deploy them in two ranks of 5. When you attach the mounted sorcerer to the squad you will effectively have a squad with 2 ranks of 6... Do the same with the Khorne warriors- drop them to 12 and deploy 2 rakns of 6! You'll find they will perform the best that way!

4. If you've done all of that you'll see that you have quite alot of pts to spare, o roughly around 88 pts. Now if you excange the warshrine's mark for MoT (which is the best mark to give it btw), you'll have exactly enough pts open for 5 marauder horsemen with MoS and flails- the best warmachine and gunline hunters IMO!

Alternatively you can just settle for a small army of warhouds... Your choice!

But that IMO is the optimal list you can make with those choices you've made!

Does that help?

philwinky
15-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Cheers pal, Ill do exactly that, and test run both the marauders and the hounds, simply because Iv got them both! :D
Really appreciate the advice chaps :)

Killer
15-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Cool, let us know how it went with a nice battle report afterwards , ok?

Good hunting, friend!

philwinky
15-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Will do pal :D

For chaos and all that XD

philwinky
16-04-2009, 12:38 PM
New list looks like this then:
Characters:
Chaos Lord + MoK + Axe of Khorne + Chaos Runeshield + Acid Ichor + Favour of the gods + Juggernaut = 390pts
Sorcerer + 2x Dispel scrolls + Chaos steed = 151pts
Sorcerer + 2x Dispel Scrolls + Chaos Steed = 151pts

Core:
12x Chaos Warriors + MoK + Shields + Halberds + Command = 264pts
10x Chaos Warriors + MoN + Shields + Halberds + Command = 230pts
10x Chaos Warriors + MoN + Shields + Halberds + Command = 230pts
5x Marauder Horsemen + MoS + Flails + Shields = 90pts

Special:
5x Chaos Knights + MoN + Musician + Standard + Banner of Rage = 295pts
5x Chaos Knights + MoK + Musician + Standard + Blasted Standard = 300pts

Rare:
Chaos Warshrine + MoT = 150pts

=2251pts.

Any ideas where to lose the pesky single point? lol

Killer
16-04-2009, 01:00 PM
if you want to give the horsemen armour, rather upgrade them with light armour instead of shields! That way you'll always have a 6+ save, in and out of combat!

But IMO it's a waste of 5 perfectly good pts... So if you have to lose some pts that'll probably be the best place to skim them from!

But don't you just feel more at ease with this list?

philwinky
16-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Ok, if your sure they dont need it, cheers pal, once again lol
Youre a bit of a chaos guru arent ya killer? lol
i shall attempt to find a way to repay you sometime :P ...Maybe by sending a few slaaneshi worshipping type women over to ya, sounds good?

Killer
16-04-2009, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't say that the Horsemen don't need the armour, but if you have to pay for a 6+ only armour save I say leave it! They are going do die in any case, so rather spare the points!

Aye, I am a convicted Daemon worshipper! ;) I got sucked into the warp and got imbued with a lot of knowledge about the Chaos realms, but you have to ask yourself... Is your sanity worth it? :D IOW I like reading choas! :) ;)

REP is the currency of Astro!...lol. ;)

beergod
16-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Well you added what I was going to tell you by adding Tzeentch mark to the warshrine as the =1 ws is huge.

I would dump the Flails and shields on the horsemen and add a musician so when you flee a charge to make you opponent fail a charge, then counter charge with your Knights, your +1 to rally them.

also if you have the points/figs a couple 5 model war hound units will go nicely with the army

good luck

Killer
16-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Indeed! That's some good advice!

But just refresh my memory... The fast cavalry's rule,"feigned flight', doesn't it make them rally automatically in the next round after fleeing from a charge? Or do I remember that a little backwards?...

beergod
18-04-2009, 09:36 PM
You can flee I'm pretty sure you still have to rally. That was last ed I think that the auto rally happened

jthdotcom
13-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Surely marauder horsemen are on a "free" 6+ for being mounted, light armour will give them a 5+, which can help against shooting, I always give mine mark of slaanesh too, otherwise they run away easily