PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know of...

Lascannon O_O!
14-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Any tips for converting 14 assault marines, 25 basic space marines, 5 bikers, 6 old terminators(1 with an assault cannon), 10 scouts, 5 metal veterans, 2 commanders(1 with a cape, the other with a jump pack), a terminator librarian, an Azrael, a watcher in the dark, that Dark angels special interrogator chaplain Asmodai and a rhino?

I particularly need help with the rhino, as it was my very first tank and I kinda messed it up a little, so any mutation ideas for tanks are welcome.
And I'll need a few tips on converting those 5 veterans as they come with loads of imperial stuff all over them.
Also, the terminators are the old "static" looking ones and I hate to see them all stiff like that, so any help, particularly with the termies, is greatly appreciated.

I was thinking of trimming off the little wing thingy's on the watchers helmet and putting veins under the helmets neck, so it looks as if he's holding a dead marines head and I could field him as a familiar.

I realise that this looks like an impossible task(Well, at least to me it does), but any help is appreciated.

Consadine
14-04-2009, 05:47 PM
What are you trying to convert them to?

Hephesto
14-04-2009, 05:50 PM
One question first though (of course I'll lend some ideas ;)), what is the general idea here. Do you want to keep them as Dark Angels, Fallen Angels or are we talking all out conversion from loyalist to traitor?

Lascannon O_O!
14-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh sorry about that, I forgot to say that I was trying to convert them all into Black Legion Chaos space marines.

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
14-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Well, I suggest any robed models are used as fallen! Always a good start there. If you don't like the idea of Fallen (wouldn't hate you!) then go for word bearers or death shadows. It won't hurt to have followers/mercenaries and the Black Legion are guys who will attract a lot of these dudes.

The standard marines if you can require a little more attention.

14 assault marines, 25 basic space marines

The ones that are not robed well if you've got any spare parts from other chaos marines and/or you can afford more then I advise this! Also if you've got a bit of difficulty getting rid of those aquilas then I suggest a bitz order of Noise Weapons for some Noise Marines who have sworn alligience to ABBA-don (don-tish!). You could also use any plasma cannon marines if you have any for counts as.

The commanders may be a little difficult and if they are metal then I'd just leave them as they are. With a little work you could make ezikiel a sorceror, he has that sinisterness about him.

Asmodai again could make a good sorceror (double-lash FTW!!) espescially of the Emperor's Children sword to ABBA-don as he has that sinister look about him and his Eagles etc can be mocking of the imperium.

Assaault marines could fill in as raptors but I would use the running legs to add a bit of character to the other marines. If you have any spare backpacks then that's all good.

Add spikes to the rhino and remove an heraldry.

You'll most definately need a bitz box for this and any spare chaos shoulder pads/arms you can get hold of.

Hope that helps Lascannon 0_0!

Lascannon O_O!
14-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Thanks, Ive just taken the rhino apart and Ive decided to turn it ito a demolisher using an old empire mortar cannon thngy.
I'll do all of this in time, as I don't have the time to do it all in one go at the moment.

grimdisco
15-04-2009, 12:17 AM
An easy way to tern anything into chaos, is to get some tooth-picks cut the tips off and use the tips as spikes and horns poking threw . Use some green stuff where the mini and tooth-pick meet. Shape it to look like bulging around the protrusion .

Hephesto
15-04-2009, 01:37 PM
A different colourscheme and a bunch of chaosy shoulderpads will go a long way with turning them into Black Legion. So I suggest get some kind of trade going to get some chaosy bits like backpacks, heads and shoulderpads and take it from there.

Some other ideas:
- robed minis could indeed be put together to form an allied squad from another legion (superb idea Fire Harte!)
- most of the DA characters should be convertable quite easily, the veterans will be tougher. Though a headswap will make a huge difference, hell to cut them of pewter mini though.
- For the termies I would suggest again to trade some bits for chaos arms.
- The scouts, combined with some spare bits and green stuff, could make for some very cool summoned daemons. Or if they look to scifi for your taste to use as deamons, deck them out with cc arms and mutated stuff to make some possessed.

Lascannon O_O!
15-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Ok, I'll convert all of them into black legionaires, except the veterans who will become fallen angels.
Ive always want fallen angels...