PDA

View Full Version : Priest and Witch hunter Empire Help!

Mikel
14-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Right, i'm in such a pickle with this army i'm not too sure where to begin. I'm going to build a fantasy army and my first in 10 years of lingering in the hobby. Now the army for me must be all about theme but i still want it to be usable and at least be fun to use. I have some bits all ready for the army and i aslo have a couple of ideas on units i want to convert and add to the army. Here is what i have so far......

30 Flagellents
12 Knights
1 Great Cannon
1 Hell Blaster Volley Gun
1 Mounted Priest and 1 on foot

I do have the drawings for a War Alter i intend to build and i want to put in a rabble of townsfolk 'burn her she's a witch!' ...... but i'm unsure of what to put them as !? I know this is not really an army list or if this is the right place to put this, but i am in need of help to not only army make the army work and be legal but also with in my vision of how i want the army to look.

Can anyone help in all these areas?

Thanks in advance,

Mikel

Marticus
14-04-2009, 04:15 PM
could the flaggenellants be the townsfolk.. with torches and such like driven by there frenzy?

Mikel
14-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I suppose they could but i just wanted something else in the army as do intent to use 2 units of them at a later date. How well would 2 units of Flagellents work as the backbone of an army!?

Marticus
14-04-2009, 04:27 PM
pretty unbreakable.... but could suffer horendous casualties from heavy hitters each turn though.. but would give long enough to get the knights into the flank hopeuflly.. you mounting a priest with the nights? or the villagers could count as empire militia regiments...

Mikel
14-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah was intending to put the mounted Priest with the knights, was considering using Luther Huss as he causes fear but i'm in two minds about this.

Marticus
14-04-2009, 04:59 PM
hes good.. but aalmost 2 normal warrior priests in points... hmm tough call

Funka Genocide
14-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Do you have the Empire Army book? It's been years since I played Empire, but aren't Flagellants a 0-1 rare unit choice? And I think Helblasters and Great Cannons are also rare choices, though normal cannons might just be special.

I'd consider fleshing it out with some more core choices. If you're going for a local militia raised in defense by religious leaders you might want to actually take some militia, with 2 attacks each they're a pretty solid combat unit. I'd recommend some state troops and ranged units as well, perhaps handgunners would be out of character, but then again you've got warmachines so they could fit.

Basically, get the Army Book, settle on a theme and then flesh out your core choices.

Mikel
14-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Yeah i have a copy of the book, it says Flagellants can have one unit as core aslong as you have a Priest. So that leaves me with 2 - core a great cannon as special and a helblaster as a rare.

I was thinking of handgunners and i have even made a flagellant prototype handgunner.

Killer
14-04-2009, 11:22 PM
What about using the Bret's Men-at-Arms for the towns folk?