PDA

View Full Version : 2,250 Daemons, Slaanesh

Ramath
09-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Ok, here is my list. I am completely open to critiques, ideas, positive, negative, all of it.

Keeper of Secrets
-Allure of Slaanesh
-Enrapturing Gaze
-Soul Hunger
-Torment Blade

The Masque

Herald of Slaanesh
-Battle Standard
-Greater Icon of Despair
-Allure of Slaanesh
-Torment Blade

Herald of Slaanesh
-Allure of Slaanesh
-Torment Blade

Daemonettes x19
-Alluress
-Standard Bearer
-Musician

Daemonettes x19
-Alluress
-Standard Bearer
-Musician

Daemonettes x20
-Alluress
-Standard Bearer
-Musician

Seekers of Slaanesh x5
-Alluress
-Standard Bearer
-Siren Standard

Seekers of Slaanesh x5
-Alluress
-Standard Bearer
-Siren Standard

Fiends of Slaanesh x3

Total Points: 2,249
Model count: 75

Basic tactics include marching my KoS, the Masque, and BSB right up the center, along with the other two blocks of Daemonettes flanking my point. I'll keep the Masque and BSB close enough for my KoS to capitalize on, turning anything she faces into a blubbering mass of cowardly stupidity.

My Fiends would be on one far side of the table, and the two units of Seekers on the opposite side, both flanking my central force. Their first objective is to take out the enemy's back line. ie- artillery, archers, mages, etc. Anything that wants to shoot my daemons will have my seekers and fiends hot on their heels. My seekers both have the Siren Standard to keep anything from fleeing or from standing and shooting my girls to bits as they try and charge. With any luck, this should increase their chances of success at their main objective. With both flanks threatened, I should be able to get at least one unit back there to munch on any shooters.

I'm low on the magic and dispel of Tzeentch, or the heavy hitters of Khorn, or the resilience of Nurgle. But my plan is to hit hard and fast, minimizing my opponent's chance to hit back. With any luck, I should be able to make most units flee and run them down as they flee. Anything that doesn't flee will have to face my KoS and try to fight back with a pathetic Ld.

Skringly
09-04-2009, 01:43 AM
OK I have one problem. It's Slaanesh! :D

Sorry just a big time hater of the god! He truly is FALSE! Althought the deamons are strangly more apealing. :D
But overall I must say thats a fine list, bit wierd its 2,250 its more common to move up in 500's so a 2,500 list would be more pracical. But hey "IT'S ALL GOOD"!

Ramath
09-04-2009, 02:46 AM
I chose Slaanesh for a few reasons.

1) I wanted an anti-thesis to my Eldar. It evolved from a Chaos 40k army into Daemons, into Fantasy.

2) After landing in WHF, I stayed with Slaanesh because EVERYONE plays Khorn. I have always hated Nurgle. I still really like Tzeentch and plan to add in more Tzeentch daemons later on

2,250 point list because its just a tad larger than the flat 2,000, but gives the higher cost armies a chance to stretch their wings a bit. It also is just enough to keep the games the same size as a 2k list. Once you hit 2,500, the model count goes up and the games take longer. I have found 2,250 to be my point list of choice.

Killer
09-04-2009, 12:31 PM
2,250 point list because its just a tad larger than the flat 2,000, but gives the higher cost armies a chance to stretch their wings a bit. It also is just enough to keep the games the same size as a 2k list. Once you hit 2,500, the model count goes up and the games take longer. I have found 2,250 to be my point list of choice.

Yeah, that's right! 2250 is the new 2000- It's become more or less the standard game size...

beergod
09-04-2009, 05:41 PM
I'd add some casting levels to get more spells off. as well as many armed to one of your heralds. I like the -4 to leader ship your going for. I have a mixed daemon army that's uses the masque the same way. I'd also shrink my core units and add more fiends.