PDA

View Full Version : Transfers

DarthXander
07-07-2006, 01:25 AM
OK so I am having a real mare with transfers, due to the curved nature of the shoulder pad I cannot get them to lie flat, does anyone else have this problem and have them been able to overcome it?

Captain Toenail
07-07-2006, 01:58 AM
I know what you mean. I don\'t bother with transfers, they\'re really fiddly and they shine in the light so they don\'t look right. They also tend to peel or be scratched off, unless you varnished your models.

DarthXander
09-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Having got the hang of applying transfers and with the help of Ardcoat (just on the shoulder pads - which are black so looks really good) they stay on as well. However I have counted up the number of transfer sheets I have (having thrown away many before as I never used them) and have discovered to my horror that I have no where near enough!

So I am asking if any frinedly people on here would be good enough to post and transfer sheets they may not be using. If you would rather not send the whole sheet then the particular transfers I am after are the:

Black Lightning Flash on White Background on the 6th row up from the bottom

Squad markings - the white tactical/assault/devastator markings!

Many thanks

Darth

Indra
10-07-2006, 04:54 AM
Well I had that problem and decided that I;d rather just hand paint instead:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/RonJonesLP/Imperial%20Fists/Marine1Completed005.jpg

And on that note, if you EMAIL not PM me your address I have a coupla spare sheets I can send, seeing as I\'m all cocky and hand paint all my logos...

:)

mark
10-07-2006, 03:03 PM
yer i got some lightning bolts spare, just pm me your address