PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy 3000pts O&G army.

Kiefer13
06-07-2006, 02:58 AM
3000pts Orcs & Goblins List ? The Horde of Grishnakh Da Great

Grishnakh Da Great (Black Orc Warboss)
Drog?s Dead ?Ard Armour, Fumpa?s Club of Fumpin, ?Eadbuttin ?At
230pts

Snikgob Da Sneaky (Goblin Warboss)
Armour of Gork, Nobbla?s ?Elmet, Hacka?s Sword of Hackin
165pts

Boss Gorgutz (Orc Big Boss)
Basha?s Axe of Bashin, Light Armour, Shield
119pts

Boss Ratgutz (Night Goblin Big Boss)
Biting Blade, Enchanted Shield, Light Armour
52pts

Orc Boyz (30)
Additional Hand Weapons, Orc Boss, Standard Bearer, Musician
238pts

Orc Boyz (30)
Spears, Shields, Orc Boss, Standard Bearer, Musician
268pts

Goblins (60)
Spears
180pts

Goblins (60)
Short-Bows
180pts

Night Goblins (40 +3 Fanatics)
Spears, 3x Fanatics
195pts

Orc Arrer Boyz (30)
Light Armour
240pts

Snotling Swarms (10 Bases)
250pts

Black Orcs (15)
Great Axes, Black Orc Boss
195pts

Orc Boar Chariot
Extra Crew
86pts

Goblin Rock Lobber
Orc Bully
75pts

Goblin Rock Lobber
Orc Bully
75pts

Goblin Spearchukkas (2)
2x Orc Bully
80pts

Doom Diver Catapult
Orc Bully
85pts

Doom Diver Catapult
Orc Bully
85pts

Giant
205pts

3003pts Total

Any suggestions/comments?
I will mostly be facing wood elves.

Skrall
06-07-2006, 03:17 AM
Double post deleted.

Hawke

Indra
06-07-2006, 04:09 AM
Good list, but magically you will get stuffed, especially against tricksy wood elvses and thier tree magic...

Take some shamans in there instead of all the little warbosses. In biggergames, magic is more important than these little wanna-be bosses, and you have enough units to generate loads of extra WAAGHH! energy, so use it. A few Eadbutts here and there will really annoy your opponent when he gets no armour save against a S4 hit that can pick his general out of a crowd...

Kiefer13
06-07-2006, 04:10 AM
ok, do you thikn I should swap out the goblin warboss for a great shamen?

edit. Be aware I like themed lists

Post edited by: kiefer13, at: 2006/07/06 05:12

Indra
06-07-2006, 04:15 AM
Like all Orcy things thier magic is erratic, so taking more shamans will improve your magic phase, but yes, lots of shamans to get the sneaky little shots in.

Warbosses are ok, but when you outnumber and rank up as highly as you do with this list they are going to need to kill hundreds of mini\'s to reduce your overwhelming Close Combat advantage. A warboss won\'t really affect this much, but a shaman can really do nasty things and dispel his magic too.

Trust me, if he has 3000 to play with you\'ll be seeing magi there and it\'ll be that spell with the woods and rocks hitting you for lots of hits... not pleasant. Dispel it with shamans, then Eadbutt thier spellsingers...

Kiefer13
07-07-2006, 12:34 AM
ah, thanks. My opponent will be using lots of dryads, that I know and mabye orion.

Kiefer13
15-07-2006, 01:58 AM
I bought the boxset last week and assembled the minis with the help of my dad who had never heard of warhammer or 40k before. I game him a basic game with the box contents and he is now going to collect an empire army. Whoo! Someone to play against. He is also mabye gonna make a games table in one of his spare rooms. That\'ll be great. :) :) :)

Teslatrooper
02-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Indra is right, you need more magic. Another thing...take out the Arrer boyz, Orks do not shoot they crush people down with their choppas and clubs.

You need another giant, drop a rock lobber and add more spear chukkas.

Your army looks pretty slow. Orks need to engage fast, because your animosity and low leadership (specially on goblins) could be fatal. Yes, break tests like crazy.

You need to be fast, boar riders, wolf riders, wolf chariots, boar chariots. They will help a lot.

One more thing, savage orcs and savage orc boar riders are very good. Their frenzyness is key when used wisely.

Cheers!

:)

Indra
03-10-2006, 04:34 AM
Having seen the new orc army book.... they arent that slow now... once a game you can go \'WAAAAAAAAAGGHHH!\' and get an extra move if you roll good enough...

Teslatrooper
06-10-2006, 01:56 AM
I did not read that, hmmm. That sounds pretty good, \"me like Waaaaaaggghhh\"! :laugh: