PDA

View Full Version : 2k O+G for tourny

Samick
03-04-2009, 12:45 AM
So I've got a good amount of experience with these beautiful greenies but never in 2k battles. I've put together a magic heavy list I'll be using in a local tournament.

Lord:

Orc Great Shaman: 314
(lvl 4, boar, itty ring, umm's best boss 'at, dispel scroll)

Heros:

Orc shaman: 125
(lvl 2, dispel scroll)

Night Goblin Shaman: 130
(lvl 2, staff of sneaky stealin')

Black orc bigboss: 152
(BSB, heavy armor, enchanted shield, akrit axe)

Core:

x23 orc boyz: 310 <BSB> <orc>
(Big 'Uns, shields, FC, morks spirit totem)

x23 orc boyz: 168 <Great>
(shields, FC)

x20 night goblins: 139
(x3 fanatics, musician)

x20 night goblins: 114
(x2 fanatics, musician)

x5 spider riders: 76
(bows, musician)

x5 spider riders: 76
(bows, musician)

Special:

x1 orc boar chariot: 85
(extra crew)

x2 spear chukkas:70

x2 spear chukkas: 70

Rare:

x1 goblin doom diver: 80

x2 snotling pump wagons: 80

total: 1995

comments and concerns very welcome.

Samick
06-04-2009, 01:28 AM
My sincere apologies for the double post, but no one has posted in this thread yet so meh.

Anyways, I saw the list of armies I will be playing against in the tourny I am using these guys in. There were a good number of Vampire counts and Lizardmen armies, as well as a decent amount of high elves and one of two skaven and Tomb King. I was wondering if anyone had some insight in terms of strategies to use against these armies and maybe share with me some of their weaknesses :D. I know you want to. The tourny starts on Tuesday and it's my first tournament ever so I'm a little worried as I haven't played against any of these armies before. I'm counting on you my fellow astronomicans... er astronominicans*...errr astronomers*... well whatever you are help would be greatly appreciated.

Wraithlord
06-04-2009, 02:42 AM
Personally, I might consider going with the Goblin Named Hero in a chariot (as opposed to a great shaman) and then droppig the bigboss in favor of another shaman. That way you can back your chariot up, and still have decent magic. This is really useful if you know there will be elves in the ranks of opponents.

Killer
06-04-2009, 02:43 AM
Well, firstly, I think this looks like a very good list! Its sound and well thought out!

About the armies you wil face:
Tomb Kings- Just dispell the movement spell (the "Urgency"-spell) and he'll be in a bit of trouble!

VC: Well, aparently O&G's are supposed to be one of the weakest 7th ed armies, but I've seen them do some wonderful things! Here your magic will be VERY important!

Skaven: Well, just kill enough of those little buggers and watch 'em all head for the hills... or...err... Sewers! Get into combat ASAP!

Lizzies: ... ... RUN! RUN FAR AWAY!!! Oh, yeah, that's for me! :D To tell you the truth- None of our friends (VC, Dwarves, Chaos, Elves and Empire) have not been massacred by the Lizzies!... Except for the Orcs, who almost massacred him! They're always the exception! So good luck!

waylander2
07-04-2009, 07:06 PM
It's a nice list, and i like your idea with a lvl 4 orc Shaman. I also use him and gamble with a loss of 1 Ld. Also good idea with the Black Orc BSB, if you put a Shaman in the same unit you avoid the 1 in 6 chance of not being able to cast. I think your orc units are too small, i think you need at least 25. Those Big 'uns are too expensive.

One idea is to try and roll the Waaagh! spell (no. 6 on big Waaagh!) This will allow you to charge all those fear causing units (there's lots of WHFB now days) without any testing. The problem is all your war machine crew will also charge forward. Personally i set up my list with this in mind, and take 4 orc chariots, and 4 pump wagons.

Samick
07-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks for all the comments. And about the orc boyz; both are 25 man blocks, but turn to 23 because I am putting my mounted lord in one and my BSB/lvl 2 orc shaman in another, displacing 2 in each unit. I'm about to head to the tourny so we shall see how this list does.

japehlio
07-04-2009, 08:09 PM
suggest you PM biadetic, hes a goblin player i know, (and a very good one at that) i is sure he may help ye!

Samick
08-04-2009, 02:12 AM
Well, tonight didn't go my way at all. Fisrt, I played a friendly game at 1500 against an empire player. He had 1 cannon, 15 knights, and lots of spearmen along with other infantry.. It was a fun list to play against. It was an extremely bolldy battle and it was swaying slightly my way. The very last turn I Gork's Warpath him, take out 4 spearmen and then roll a 1... That means he gets to use the same spell back at me. He targetted my generals unit of about 13 remaining orc big 'uns. They paniced and fled the table. This gave him a marginal victory. It was all good and fun.

Then came my actual opponent. He starts to take his minis out and I see 10 knights, some spearmen and I say "hey, it's empire again this'll be fun!" Oh boy was I wrong. He continues to pull minis out and I'm not to intimidated. I then see a hero on a pegasus, a wizard, a steam tanj, a war altar, and 2 cannons... I was doomed from the start. He pummeled and out mauvered me. Chomping through unit after unit my greenies didn't stand a chance. I ended up with only a spear chukka and 1 crewman. I killed a total of the waraltar (barely) and a few spearmen. I lost something like 2600 to 250. I'm out for blood next week.

Nitram
08-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Lose the Pump Wagon and the Doom Diver, theyre not reliable enough to be good. You should consider some Savage Orc Boar Boyz; and as many Bolt-throwers as you can have, they'll pay for their points 90&#37; of the time.

Nitram
08-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Some Trolls, even just 1 or 2 to watch flanks/body guard heroes/lord isnt a bad idea as well.

Samick
08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Ya I am not happy with the way my pump wagons performed as they did no damage in either game. They acted as a decent distraction but that's a waste of points. The doom diver is nice as I have become quite good at range guessng but I do need to find a better at to guard my war machnes as fast cav and cannons chwed them up. The whole magic lord thing is something I'm not too sure of as well as he is too vulnerable. And his beat spell leaves my 5 warmachines abandoned for at least a turn maybe more. If I take out the wagons and redo a new fighty lord I might be able to fit in my 5 savage Orc boar boys and just use the fun unpredictable stuff in friendly games.