PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Mortals of Choas Tournament List

Killer
30-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Well, this was an experimental list which I drew up to accomedate my dragon model which I bought, but
never had the chance to field. My previous WoC list was ok, but only had limited success. But after 4
games with this list I've had 3 massacres and 1 strong victory (very,very close to a massacre!).

So I thought I should probably let this list replace my main one, but I wanted to run it by you guys first to
see if it is really such a good idea...

Well, here goes:

LORD
Sorcerer Lord 770
Lvl4+ Mark of Nurgle+ Dragon+ Father of Blades+ Enchanted Shield+ Spell Familliar+ Golden Eye of Tzeench+ Word of Agony

HEROES
Sorcerer 260
Mark of Nurgle+ Lvl2+ Palanquin+ 2x Dispell Scroll+ Conjioned Humunculus

CORE
12 Warriors 284
Mark of Nurgle+ Shields/Halberds+ Full Command+ Banner of Rage

11 Warriors 247
Mark of Nurgle+ Shields/Halberds+ Full Command+ Raptous Standard

5 Horsemen 98
Flails+ Mark of Slaanesh+ Stb/mus

SPECIAL
5 Knights 285
Mark of Nurgle+ Stb/Mus+ Warbanner

5 Knights 300
Mark of Khorne+ Stb/Mus+ Blasted Standard

I know its quite a small list, and that's why I was so surprised by it's performance!
So please tell me what you think, especially about the Lord's equipment- I'm a bit torn on that one!

mclovin95
31-03-2009, 03:21 AM
hmmmmm i dont play reg warhammer but i think this looks pretty cool..... and 3 almost 4 massacres........ scary! i wish you luck you filthy hereti..... i mean reap the souls of mortals.......?

Killer
31-03-2009, 07:24 AM
:D Thanks!

I'm usually happy with just reaping the flesh... the souls are just a bonus...

Killer
01-04-2009, 04:15 PM
I also have a bit of a conundrum with the sorcerer's palanquin... It takes up lot of pts and spce for not much combat ability, BUT it does give the unit Fear! And with Ld8 it's a good thing!

But can I use that pts better?...

Nitram
01-04-2009, 04:23 PM
How well have you warriors done? Everytime I take mine they suck and im prob. gonna drop them and take more mauraders on horses. What armies have you played against that you massacured so far?

My list usually goes something like:

Kholek Suneater
A lvl 1 sorcerer x2 Scrolls
An exaulted champion
3 dragon ogres with Great Wpns
A unit of 5 knights (MoN)
1-3 unit of mauraders on horses (flails)
warshrine (no mark)
1-2 units of Warriors w/sheilds (No mark)
1 unit of warhounds

I beat a Daemon player last week by 70 points with a list like this.
(Kholek fleed in the last round of combat after being hit on all sides with flamers, horrors and a bloodthirster. The greater daemon made ALL 3 saves with only 2 wounds left., The Blood God taunts me)

Killer
01-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi, I see that you're new here! Welcome to the best warhammer forum ever!

Anyway, now that the pleasantries are concluded- my warriors have done some excellent work!

I found that by playing them in units of 12 and putting them in 2 ranks of 6, you get maximum use out of them! Giving them halberds is also handy when you get the charge in or when you're going up vs somthing big and scary! Those guys are as tough as nails!

Givng them the Mark of Nurgle is the best way to go for them IMO. And if you give them the rage banner then its like getting 2 marks in one! Remember, if they are Nurgle, them most guys only hit you on 5+, and most of the time they wound you on 5+ aswell, and you save on 2+ (or 4+ in the worst case!)

How many pts is your army? If it's smaller than 3000pts I wouldn't play Kolek or Archeon for that matter... It just takes up too many pts!

Knights are always a winner!

Always spare the pts to upgrade your Exhalted Champ to a Battle Standard Bearer! It helps a lot!

Another thing that makes a great difference is to plan wich banner to give which unit- it does make a difference!

But if you'd like some more detailed input, post your army in a thread and I'll be more than happy to discuss it and tactics with you it greater detail!

Anway, to answer your other question- I massacred the Orcs&Goblins, Empire and Vampire Counts(quite a tough game though!) and I got a strong victory vs the High Elves! I'm playing against the Lizardmen and Skaven soon, hopefully...

Nitram
01-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

The List is usually 2250 points, and I took Kholek and his redic. points cost because I have a love for dragon ogres, theyre the reason I started playing Chaos. I know he's a lot of point, but I love the fear in my opponents eyes when I set him on the battlefield. And im willing to sacrifice the extra hero that I could have if Kholek wasnt in my list. Moreover my main "rival" so to speak of plays lizardmen and many stegadons (usually 3 @ 2250 points) and Kholek's a great answer for breaking some dinosaur faces.

Jasfmpgh
01-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Yeah Killer, I was a little bit of a Kholek hater at first as well. After seeing his impact in the game Nitram is talking about I convinced taking him is a good idea. Fast, hard to kill and hard hitting is never a bad combo.

Killer
01-04-2009, 06:17 PM
That is true! And I am trying more or less the same thing with this list, and it's worked so far!

But the real test will come when I play vs the Lizzies!

But I will suggest to give your warriors the MoN and the warshrine the MoT... It really makes a world of a difference!

So go on, post your list in your own thread so the other guys can also give their input and we'll discuss this futher in more detail...

Nitram
01-04-2009, 08:11 PM
I've heard rumors of Kholek murdering Stegadons in 1 round, which makes me uber-excited. The whole movement 8 thing is great. And you can use the D6 S6 hits while in combat from my understanding as long as you dont target the unit you're fighting CC with.

Killer
02-04-2009, 04:01 PM
As far as I know that ability from the Engen of the Gods is not a target ability, so it affects ALL units within 2d6"...

But I'll go check up on that and get back to you...