PDA

View Full Version : 1K Vamp Counts VS 1K Ogre Kingdoms!!

SquallEvoker
28-03-2009, 01:10 AM
My fiancÚ and I are having our first battle. I've devised two lists, and want to know what you guys think about them.

On the Vampire's side...

Vampire
-Sword of Battle
-Flayed Hauberk
-Infinite Hatred
-Beguile
**Army General**
--190 points

Vampire
-Helm of Commandment
-Black Periapt
-Dark Acolyte
-Lord of the Dead
--190 points

Skeleton Warriors (20)
-Spears
-Full Command
-War Banner
--225 points

Skeleton Warriors (20)
-Spears
-Full Command
-Banner of the Dead Legion
--225 points

Grave Guard (10)
-Great Weapons
-Full Command
-Banner of Hellfire
--170 points

TOTAL - 1,000 points.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for the ogres....

Bruiser
-Heavy Armor
-Skull Plucker
**Army General**
--164 points

Hunter
2 Sabertusks
Longstrider
--210 points

Butcher
-Power Stone
-Power Stone
--180 points

Ogre Bulls (3)
-Light Armor
-Iron Fist
-Full Command
--179 points

Iron Guts (4)
-Full Command
-War Banner
--267 points

TOTAL - 1,000 points

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think, any ideas, comments, critiques, or suggestions for change. Thank you very much. The battle happens on this Sunday, and there probably won't be much for a battle report save for some short blurbs I may add, so please, feel free to pitch out anything on your mind.

Biadetic
28-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Ogre wise; Ive never been a huge fan of hunters, butchers are so much better. Sure he has a bolt thrower and such, but butchers can be alot more effective.

Also, a command is pretty hefty point wise, especially on bulls, it could get you another irongut which are awesome, if you could fit in another 2 guts and butcher by displacing hunter and bull command and maybe save a few extra points from somewhere else you could have 2 units of 3 guts, with a butcher and bruiser in both. Would give you alot more punch :)