PDA

View Full Version : Tau Firewarriors & Magnets

Thanaton
24-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Heey everyone,

Just a very small question: Has anyone magnatized their firewarriors before, and is it recommandable? I'm planning on magnatizing my firewarriors, because I'm really not sure to give them those pulse rifles or carabines, and if I ever choose to change my army, I can change them, too.

So... what's your oppinion?

Thanaton

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
24-03-2009, 09:44 PM
When in any doubt whatsoever, pulse rifles. The choice of the discerning Shas'el.

As for the magnetization, it'd be tough- FW torsos are small, most NFeB magnets are pretty big. Rather a hassle of questionable value, but doable.

Skringly
24-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Yea just take pulse rifles for most of your squads.

Carrelio
24-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Pulse riffles! Leave the carbines to the drones! Only bother with magnetization on the arger things. Hover tanks and battlesuits are fine, but the average fire warrior just doesn't need (or want) them.

Silver
25-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Pulse Carbines suck. As a Tau player, I can safely tell that. WHy would you need them anyway? What bonus do they have?

None.

The pinning thing rarely ever happens because of the AP5 and even if it does, LD8 of most armies means that they can ignore it. Oh and you want your enemies losing their morale and fleeing off the table edge, not being pinned anyways ;)

And 1 shot at 18'' compared to 2 shots at 12'' even things out. Besides, you can sprint with your pulse rifle wielding FWs if they are too far away when it comes to objective grabbing. And 30'' pulse rifle range is awesome anyways, so argument settled. :p

ChrisSpaceWolves
25-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Pulse rifles suck. As a Tau player, I can safely tell that. WHy would you need them anyway? What bonus do they have?

None.

The pinning thing rarely ever happens because of the AP5 and even if it does, LD8 of most armies means that they can ignore it. Oh and you want your enemies losing their morale and fleeing off the table edge, not being pinned anyways ;)

And 1 shot at 18'' compared to 2 shots at 12'' even things out. Besides, you can sprint with your pulse rifle wielding FWs if they are too far away when it comes to objective grabbing. And 30'' pulse rifle range is awesome anyways, so argument settled. :p

I think he meant Pulse Carbines suck in his first line. I'd have to agree except that you can marker light a squad with a few ML hits and a full squad of fire warriors with carbines can pin a Non space marine squad for a few turns IF you use the marker light hits to affect leadership. 4-5 marker light hits usually do a good job of that.

Silver
25-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Yeah I meant Carbines...my bad >.<. Oh and to your statement above...I agree, but you'd have to first get a kill! And with 8 FWs firing, that's 4 hits, 2.5 wounds (on T4) and no kill guarantee. I'd rather boost up the ballistic skill on pulse rifle warriors so that they manage more kils to hit that 25&#37; mark for the enemy to flee...but in the end it boils down to personal taste, I guess.

Commissar_Cain
29-03-2009, 07:32 PM
yeah, but those carbines look so cool :P

ChrisSpaceWolves
29-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Yeah I meant Carbines...my bad >.<. Oh and to your statement above...I agree, but you'd have to first get a kill! And with 8 FWs firing, that's 4 hits, 2.5 wounds (on T4) and no kill guarantee. I'd rather boost up the ballistic skill on pulse rifle warriors so that they manage more kils to hit that 25% mark for the enemy to flee...but in the end it boils down to personal taste, I guess.

I also don't really like having to get within 18" on an army that is supposed to keep the enemy at arms reach or farther. I guess it boils down to 6 of one and a half dozen of another. Thats what makes the army fun is the options you have when building your squads.