PDA

View Full Version : Coloured NMM?

Brother_Bobo
17-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Right im moving away from my precious imperium and on saturday bought the first units of an Eldar army i have wanted to collect for some time.
However i have a rather ambitious paint scheme in mind...
I want to paint them NMM not just there weapons but armour aswell, i have seen pictures of striking scorpions and fire dragons in a whitedwarf i own painted "shiny" green/ orange.
Now i am familiar with the concept of NMM on weapons (starting with a muted grey/brown and adding white to the mix to create "shinyness" on the edges of weapons/shields") but i was wondering if the same principles could be applyed to colours with any success (including black as i am planning on using this in my colour scheme) or am i way out the ball park?
Id be very gratfull for any help on this subject as ive tralled the internet and cant find anything on coloured NMM!
Cheers!

Fear the Psyker
17-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Search for Magmatrax (I think) over on B&C. It's a Chaos Marine on a Bloodcrusher. Anyways, the guy who painted it gives a great tutorial on how to paint NMM.

Brother_Bobo
17-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Right ill have a look cheers for that!

grimdisco
17-03-2009, 02:56 PM
There is an article on how to paint gems (I dont know which article it was or where it was ,but you can google it.) That article would give you some good ideas on the NMM that you are wanting to do.

Fear the Psyker
17-03-2009, 10:20 PM
]Here's the article I was thinking about...http://www.john87.com/warhammer40k/article001.htm

It looks like some of the picture links are broken, but the text is all there.

Brother_Bobo
17-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks alot for finding that for me!
i reackon im just gunna go ahead and try it out a few of my guardians, see how it turns out, if it works out ill get some pics up!