PDA

View Full Version : Captain Kellen - Taking some advice from LAZtheinfamous

Captain Kellen
12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Attached is a complete objective that I posted in the gallery. However, LAZ has suggested that I put some chains on it. The idea is that the Dark Angels tried to close the "portal".

I have 84" of chain, but cannot seem to get the "look" correct.

How would you put it on? I think that you can copy the picture and draw over it with another program and attach it to a post, if it is difficult to explain.

My first thoughts were to tie it to the ground, like throwing the chains over and staking it to the ground and have multiple ties. I also thought about wrapping one end of the chain around one portion of the circle and wrapping it off in the opposite postion.

Would you stake it to the circle?

thanks,

CK

Hephesto
12-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Alright several ideas. The first is your basic tied down set-up:

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/images/cargosecurement-16-04-rob-img-164.jpg

A second option would be to attack chains to the ground and to slightly below the middle of the gate. The big question is though what you want to present. Is the gate secured to position X, to prevent it being proud to a place of greater power. Or is it, for example, chained to prevent it from opening up.

If the last one is that gate then why not really look of the portal with an X-lock. Take the change and attack some thin metal wire on each end and glue it into the gate arces. It would take a far bit of experimenting to get the exact length right. Two diagonals with make for a nice cross. Next add a suitable Dark Angel logo with a few cuts to resemble a keyhole and you're done. Ah well, enough insanity from me. Go with it how you please, just suggestions ;)

Commissar_Cain
12-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Personally I dont really see any reason to put chains on it, it looks fantastic as is... Considering the base is the same kind of stonwork as the portal, I dont really see where chains would fit in, unless of course you put some swirlly portal type stuff in the middle, and have the chains ejecting from within... ie hellraiser. But bar that I dont see how chains would really work with this piece.

Kishvier
12-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Ah, a stargate. Nice show...I'd say tie some down like in Heph pic and then wrap some around the ring.

Thanks for the REP!

Wrathchild
19-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Why not get a rhino or something, beat the crap out of it, and attach some chain to that while looping it around the shrine.

Make it look as though they were in the process of tearing it down with the rhino when it caught an unlucky shell, or they were ambushed.

darknight
19-03-2009, 07:27 PM
well i wouls ala stargate it, as when they pulled of the cover stones, a few rings round each piece about 3/4 the way up then two chains each side holding it there, still say though its bl@@dy good!

Captain Kellen
19-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Been working on the chains... not easy... I'll get back to you later about it. Thank you all for the advice.

CK

Hephesto
19-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Looking forward to the results, oh and which admin's butt did you kiss for that cool custom title ;)

Captain Kellen
19-03-2009, 11:46 PM
I shall remain silent as to *cough, Brannick* which admin's butt I kissed. :rolleyes: