PDA

View Full Version : Red or Blue?

Romulus81
29-06-2006, 04:32 AM
hey guys,

I\'m in a little pickle, I have decided to repaint my Orks in a different colour scheme (from Blue to Red)

Just wondering what you guys thought. I would have done this as a poll, but not sure how:blush:

Da Blu Guy:
http://i3.tinypic.com/161f5s9.jpg

Da Red Guy:
http://i4.tinypic.com/161f63b.jpg

I personally drawn towards painting them all in the red theme.

Man i should have spent all of tonight painting the dread for the comp:S

Post edited by: romulus81, at: 2006/06/29 06:05

Skrall
29-06-2006, 04:33 AM
Also red, but i\'m a speed freek!

Hawke

grinkohof
29-06-2006, 04:34 AM
well when i think of orks, i think of red, so i would go with the red!

DavicusPrime
29-06-2006, 05:02 AM
I\'m still deciding what color to paint my Orks so I\'m not going to be a huge help. I kinda like the blue better myself.

I\'ve been thinking about having each mob have some unifying marking (Either the mob\'s boss\' mark or color). But then I just plain don\'t know.

Also, you might want to shrink down the pics, it\'s really screwing up the frames.

-DavicusPrime

Romulus81
29-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Thank for the comments guys!:)

Come one! the rest of ya!! Only takes a tick to reply! please need opinions!:unsure:

saustin
29-06-2006, 02:35 PM
RED!! Any grot knows red is da best, red is faster, stronger and meaner. But seriously I like the red colour scheme better.

mark
29-06-2006, 04:29 PM
red

kharn the betrayer
29-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Definatly Red

:evil:

Dracule
29-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Nice Job bro

Yep red definately.

Although I don\'t particularly like the isea of us fighting each other sporting such similar colours it does suit em better and red goes better with green anyway... especially ork green.

Romulus81
29-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys.. I will go for the red scheme! with loads of checkered bits;)

mark
29-06-2006, 06:50 PM
what clan are they ?

Romulus81
29-06-2006, 06:56 PM
mark wrote:

what clan are they ?

Mainley Freebooters edgeing towards the evil sun clan!B)

Skrall
30-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Red ever time.

\'Cos red makes it go faster!!!
DAKKA DAKKA!!

Hawke

Indra
30-06-2006, 04:22 AM
With chequers it\'ll be Red sunz meets Goffs tohugh.

Red by the way.

:)

Romulus81
30-06-2006, 05:51 AM
yeah! it\'ll be best of both;)

they will be freebooters tho, im not a big fan of the bikes:(

DavicusPrime
30-06-2006, 05:55 AM
Fine. Looks like I\'m out numbered. I\'ll just paint my Orks Blue to spite you all!

THUPTHTHTHTHT!!!! :P

Freebootin Piraty Orks is the best Orks! My army in it\'s 1000pt incarnation is more Goff than Badmoon but I like badmoon colors better. Hows that for confusing?

-DavicusPrime

Romulus81
30-06-2006, 05:58 AM
:lol: :lol:

Your orks sound interesting!! when will you post some pics, i\'d love to see them:)

DavicusPrime
30-06-2006, 06:27 AM
Romulus81 wrote:

Your orks sound interesting!! when will you post some pics, i\'d love to see them:)

I\'d love to... Once I actually get around to painting any of them, that is. I\'m quite impressed by your painting of the Orkish skin. Which method did you use (washes and/or dry brush and what colors)?

The way things are going I expect that I\'ll have the Killa Kan painted first. When I get it done I\'ll swipe a buddy\'s Digital camera and post it.

-DavicusPrime

Romulus81
30-06-2006, 06:35 AM
DavicusPrime wrote:

Romulus81 wrote:

I\'d love to... Once I actually get around to painting any of them, that is. I\'m quite impressed by your painting of the Orkish skin. Which method did you use (washes and/or dry brush and what colors)?

The way things are going I expect that I\'ll have the Killa Kan painted first. When I get it done I\'ll swipe a buddy\'s Digital camera and post it.

-DavicusPrime

Cool! look forward to see it.:)

As for the skin, i have been experimenting. The one i prefere the most is:

a dark green (forest green, i think), i then dry brush goblin green, I do this a few times until i have enougth green on em, finaly I drybrush again using a yellow ( i do this on the most highest parts of the skin)

I hope that help, i have trouble with words when describing how I do things.:blush: Showing is much easier;)

DavicusPrime
30-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Your description is pretty good as is. The yellow is the step I\'ve not heard before. I\'ll give that a try.

So far I have painted an Orc Blood Bowl Team and I used Dark Angels Green over black primer, then a hvy dry brush of Goblin Green then a Dark angels wash then a lighter goblin green drybrush. It looks ok, but I\'m thinking the yellow or a brighter green might be in order to further shade the skin on my Boyz. The BB Orcs look a little bland compared to some I\'ve seen (including yours).

Thanks.

-DavicusPrime

Indra
01-07-2006, 05:08 AM
Yeah I use yellow in my highlights on orc/k\'s. I find it works better and they dont look pale, they look greener as a result.

Definately use yellow (I mix into my base skin colour to get the highlight mix rather than neat though...)