Special Units
10x miners
10x hammerers
12x Ironbreakers
1x bolt thower

Rare Units
1x organ gun (my fav unit ever!!!)
1x Gyrocopter

my personal tactics are hold the line and shoot the buggers, using my miners to take out any calvery and such, love hear what you guys think my army needs and what i should buy next.

*question*
Golden Sceptre of Norgrim what is it and what book is it in since im told this is a great addition to an army. what should i give my troops in terms of runes/weapons/armour and should i give them a cmd squad?
with the units i have which do u guys think the best set up would be?

Marticus
05-03-2009, 09:32 AM
what size is the army? points wise? do you have lords or heros?

japehlio
05-03-2009, 09:42 AM
the one thing it looks like it is lacking is character support, you have a good range of infantry , so maybe a dwarf lord and another runesmith, possibly a cannon? as in a 2000 point game units of 10 (for the "elite" units, hammerers and ironbreakers) are a bit small, could do with bulking up as well....
how does it play for you, have you had success with it?

Monkeycoder
05-03-2009, 12:20 PM
what size is the army? points wise? do you have lords or heros?
what i listed is all i have, so just heroes, with ful gear and runes etc.. it comes to around 1900 (so i need 100 more points if i wanna use the gyrocopter)

the one thing it looks like it is lacking is character support, you have a good range of infantry , so maybe a dwarf lord and another runesmith, possibly a cannon? as in a 2000 point game units of 10 (for the "elite" units, hammerers and ironbreakers) are a bit small, could do with bulking up as well....
how does it play for you, have you had success with it?

How many tiers should i be looking to bulk my elites to really? I've played against orcs and goblins with this army which i won but i think i got some lucky rolls tbh, and also a horde of chaos army which just totally riped through my army.

i was thinking of perhaps adding a flame cannon to replace the gyrocopter to thin the amount of hand to hand my iron breakers and hammers have to deal with, i still have a special unit slot free so i may go a normal cannon as well.

i will get a Lord and another runesmith too.

how do you set up your thunderers on the battlemap, keep them together so you have more on one target or do you split them onto the side of the front line so that they equally damage the incoming armie charging your wall of troops.

cheers for the responses much appreciated.

Marticus
05-03-2009, 12:28 PM
olk some advice for you friend, i used to play dwarves and one of my best friends still does so here goes...
thanes, hero level... hard as nails..... can be runed up to be soo tough its just wrong. chuck some runes like rune of gromil on him and you have a solid general, value wise 2 thanes prove harder then a dwarf lord!
runesmith hard as well being a dwarf you can rune him up to a killing machine, useful for making sure magic just doesnt happen.
for hammers, ironbreakers and miners read the rangers... big units full command...also blasting charges are a nasty upgrade for miners as most armies get the charge on dwarves, them being so stumpy n slow and such like :)

bolt thrower... great solid unit

organ gun and gyrocopter are great!

oathstone for your thane may be handy if you put him in with warriors...
never underestimate the basic dwarve warrior, they are solid troops. may be worth getting some longbeards in there too.

would be best to run 20 warriors with full command upgrade,
thunderers
2 units of 10 would be best with no no command, i tend not to bother for missile troops
or 3 units if you wanted to run it that way
rangers i would bump to at least 15, pref 20 full command again, if your units are going to fight you need full commands in close combat, not that important for missile troops.

Gorak
08-03-2009, 08:15 PM
cheers i have a large dwarf army and it's nice to see more dwarf players out there! well in my opinion a dwarf lords is must in 2000 if your going to run hammerers! as they will be imunne to fear and terror and stubbron! Furthermore you can if you so chosse run 1 unit of longbeards with your ranged units as core because with a dwearflord you can have 1 more units of longbeaqrdsa than warriors so one more than 0 is 1:) Also longbeards are immune to panic and confer a reroll to panic test for any dwarf unit within 6inchs. I would recomen a mininum of 20 or 19 in unit for cc units as rank and execces wounds are always nice.:cool: as for otyher characters a bsb is nice as dwarves have some wicked runes for standards! I would drop the rangers as i have found dwarves are best when support of other untis is near and finaly OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!!OATH STONES!!! CHEERS!

ChrisSpaceWolves
27-03-2009, 04:43 AM
Take your Thane or Runesmith and Make one of em a Lord choice. I prefer the Runelord as you get more Runic items. Invest in an Anvil of Doom. Its an Absolute MUST HAVE in a dwarf army. Not having one is like not having Canons.

Your Canon light as well. If you wanna butter up an enemy while they are coming across the field the canon is the best way as its just that good, for 90 points. You can rune em up and its well worth the investment.

My suggestion is find someone who's buying the Skull Pass starter set and if they are playing the Goblins buy the dwarves off them, or buy the Skull Pass set and sell the Goblins. It's a great way to bolster your forces cheap, even though the models may not look that great.