PDA

View Full Version : What\'s yer current project?

DavicusPrime
28-06-2006, 04:08 AM
I\'ve been working on terrain mostly (my poor, unpainted Orks and marines glaring at me due to the neglect all the while). Making sets to depict the different combat zones in the campaign I\'ve been developing. We play mostly combat patrol to 1000pt battles so we use a 4\'x4\' area which means each set covers needs to cover minimum of 2 square feet.

Current Project:
Terrain Set - Wilderness (2 x Forests, 3 x hills, 1 x broken ground and 2 x rock outcroppings)

Prototypes in work:
Terrain Set - Non-urban fortifications (bunkers, prefab barricades, tank traps and razorwire) Designed to fit in with the wilderness set to depict a military outpost.

On the drawing board:
Terrain Set - Industrial (3 Refinery pieces, a large manufactorum and warehouse)

What are you working on?

-DavicusPrime

DarthXander
28-06-2006, 04:12 AM
Where to begin!

Am looking at sorting out some cities of death scenery

Planning this summers additions to the force

Planning a major repaint of a number of a my models (some shocking painting! remember when you used to rush models just so you got them onto the table really quickly!!!)

Sorting a large force from my stuff (3000+) to fight in a big 2 v me battle at a mates!!!

Palfy
28-06-2006, 04:12 AM
I have another 2x4 board section to add to my currant 4x4 board to make it into standard size.

My other project is not 40k, and is a battalion of skaven, full of sprues and looks duanting to put it all together...

Teslatrooper
28-06-2006, 04:21 AM
I am slowly buying and painting my Ultramarines Army/Witch Hunters. The marine faction is done, maybe I will add a model here and there but the squads minimun amounts are done (fully painted).

I am working right now on my Inquistor Lord and his retinue and also Celestine (she is coming out superb!!) I am trying to squeeze some terrain in between, hopefully I will finsih those bunkers soon. :)

Corvus
28-06-2006, 04:43 AM
I busy trying to complete an entire chapter of my Broken Sword Space Marines..

Finished my Daemonhunters detatchment led by Inquisitor Lord Corvus...

Right now also building a bretonnian fantasy army and a Khornate hordes of chaos army (heavily maurauders)! Busy busy!

Indra
28-06-2006, 05:04 AM
Well I just recently completed 9 12\" square tiles in varying modular form for Mordheim (Cityfight when I get there!) and a mass of terrain for it, which you\'ve all seen in my article. (http://www.astronomican.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=127&Item id=60)

But I\'m building a Combat patrol of Imperial Fists. Woohoo!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/RonJonesLP/Imperial%20Fists/Completed3.jpg

I will of course keep the place updated as they progress...

Skrall
28-06-2006, 05:09 AM
Pluggin those marines again?

I\'m building my tau combat patrol and commander farsight like the artwork

Hawk

Indra
28-06-2006, 05:12 AM
Yes.

;)

Romulus81
28-06-2006, 05:17 AM
I\'ve just started painting a dreadnoaught for my ever growing orks!!

BTW Thats some nice painting Indra, I like them very much! You did a good job with yellow! (and we all know what a pain that colour can be)

This was the first time I saw your Article on budget terrien!! Great work mate!! *Karma boost* ;)

grinkohof
28-06-2006, 06:43 AM
IndraFurya wrote:

Well I just recently completed 9 12\" square tiles in varying modular form for Mordheim (Cityfight when I get there!) and a mass of terrain for it, which you\'ve all seen in my article. (http://www.astronomican.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=127&Item id=60)

But I\'m building a Combat patrol of Imperial Fists. Woohoo!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/RonJonesLP/Imperial%20Fists/Completed3.jpg

I will of course keep the place updated as they progress...

god, he\'s still plugging those marines!

my current project is a box of khorne berzerkers for my khorne army and a box of assault marines for my ultra army. i actually just opened my assault marine box and saw that the plastic quality has gone down...again...and why do they give you the bases in little bags now? gamesworkshop screwing us over again...*shakes fist*...

mark
28-06-2006, 04:25 PM
a whole re paint of my SM, a kill team thats slowly comeing to gether, chapter master on the drawing board along with some replacement squads for my older marines.

DavicusPrime
05-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Heres my prototype razorwire piece (100% Scratchbuilt):

http://www.astronomican.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/Razorwire___TI_Small.jpg

Along with The Storm Bringer 2nd Company\'s, 1st Tactical Squad.

The razorwire is 24 Gauge galvanized steel wire wrapped around 22 guage wire. The posts are made of bits cut from a pair of popcicle sticks I glued together and scratched a wood grain into with the tip of a thumb tack. The seam caused by the two bits being glued together showed up too well... Next attempt will include more disguise work on the seam.

-DavicusPrime

Post edited by: DavicusPrime, at: 2006/07/05 15:14

Post edited by: IndraFurya, at: 2006/07/06 02:09

DavicusPrime
05-07-2006, 02:29 PM
And my Dragon\'s Tooth style Tank Trap Prototype:

http://www.astronomican.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/Tank_Trap___TIII_Small.jpg

Along with the Storm Bringer 2nd Company\'s 4th Tactical Squad.

The blocks are made from 1\" Insulation Foam (pink stuff) cut into 1\" cubes. Then carefully carved into their sloped shape. I glued them to 1/8\" hardboard and spread modelling clay across all the surfaces to fill gaps and texture them. I then sanded the rough bits off. The rest is glue, sand, paint and model railroad flock.

-DavicusPrime

Post edited by: DavicusPrime, at: 2006/07/05 15:10

Post edited by: IndraFurya, at: 2006/07/06 02:10

Aun O Vader
05-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Guess I had better finish my Tau Mega force when I get home. I promised my wife that I wouldn\'t buy any more models until the ones that I have are finished.

But I also need to get down to some serious playing at some point!

DarthXander
05-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Isnt always like that!

No mum/wife/partner I wont buy anymore models until I have finished those 40 Riders of Roahn, 20 Uruk Hai, 30 Space Marines, Fellowship of the Ring and Scout Squad!

Romulus81
05-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Great marines DavicusPrime!! Really well painted!:)

Skrall
05-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Nice work, like it

i\'ve just order the new venny dreadnought, got some plans for it and my lunar wolves i do.

Hawke

Dracule
05-07-2006, 11:43 PM
I\'m currently painting my furioso dreadnought i got yesterday from GW oxford Street.

I\'m currently keeping it more or less original colours so it looks very blood angels right now. I might change it to match my guys a little better (in other words add BLACK) but I love the red so much I might just keep it... Infact if I ever get bored with creating my Sons of Dracule I might just repaint em all as blood angels.

GAH!:blink: I should have done WIP pics... Well I\'ll get my camera charged up and show you atlease its current state soon enough.

DarthXander
05-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Having been majorly resturctured and overhauled in all areas (fluff/traits/colour scheme/available colour palette) I doing a major repaint and depending on funds rebase. I had originally restricted myself to a very limited palette but am bored of the few clours I was suing so am going all out and using whatver looks right!!!

Indra
06-07-2006, 02:11 AM
Absolutely impressed with the terrain davicus. It seems you and I share a passion for nice scenics.

KARMA BOOST!!!

DavicusPrime
06-07-2006, 02:36 AM
Romulus81 wrote:

Great marines DavicusPrime!! Really well painted!:)

Thank you. The painting has come at a high premium. The one time I timed myself to paint a full unit of minis it took me 13.5 hours. That\'s 2.25 hours per marine.

I have to figure out how to get faster because I\'ve got an Ork Waaaagh to get painted too. I\'ll never be done.

The Terrain has been a nice diversion, but it means that I haven\'t touched a brush to a mini for the last few months.

-DavicusPrime

lupusumbra
06-07-2006, 10:44 AM
right so curent projects, a monolith the rest of a necron army, a space wolf army, and mayby soon my fallen angles. And of corrse mayby a fanasy army but that remains to be seen

Indra
06-07-2006, 01:42 PM
I\'m also kicking myself about space marines... having a had a play on the army painter on DoW, I tihnk I found another colour scheme I like... although I may just do a 5 man squad on a display base for that.

All I can say is that working for HMV is handy cos old faulty CD\'s make a great size for a scenic base...

mark
06-07-2006, 09:01 PM
IndraFurya wrote:

All I can say is that working for HMV is handy cos old faulty CD\'s make a great size for a scenic base...
thats a good idea ive got a load a free internet cds i dont want *karma boost*

DavicusPrime
07-07-2006, 11:35 PM
I mentioned Terrain Projects I\'m working on... I\'ve Decided to slow down on those for a bit and get back to mini\'s.

Here\'s my main project right now:

Ork Warboss Conversion:

The Stats:
Ork Warboss: Choppa, Power Klaw, \'Evy Armor and Iron Gob = 101pts

The project:
I bought the basic WB model (the one without the helmet with a big gun and choppa) as the base model.

1st: I replaced the shoota arm with a Completly Scratchbuilt Arm with Power Klaw. The arm and the main housing of the claw is made entirly from sprue. I glued bits of sprue together then carved, sanded and filed it into shape.

2nd: I added random armor plates to those already depicted on the model to justify \'Evy Armor using bits of an old credit card for the material. I also used green stuff to add straps to hide joins and make the armor plates added to the arms look more realistic.

3rd: I fashioned an Iron Gob from those same bits of creditcard. I added bolts to the back corners but haven\'t sorted out how to attach it to the model. I am toying with finding/making a small chain to hang it around his neck.

4th: I\'m making a backpack/power supply for the enormous claw. It was fashioned from sprue bitz, plastic rod, paper cutouts an Orkish chainsword/choppa and some wires. A strand of guitar string will connect the pack to the claw. Attached to this pack will also be a small back pole with glyph and trophies (a marine helmet and severed head most likely) for looks.

After all that I have rivets to add to everything.

When I get this guy ready to paint I hope to get a hold of a camera again. Baring that I\'ll get one up once he\'s painted.

-DavicusPrime

Skrall
08-07-2006, 01:22 AM
I got pics of my kireg up, but cooler still is the fact i\'m starting two new models.

Kireig warrior two, no errors this time.

Horus, warmaster of the imperium, primarch of the lunar wolves

Hawke

SkuToV
08-07-2006, 01:31 AM
Im working on an imperial base. Generator, ventilation, fuel dump, storage silos x 2, 12\'\' trench sections x 2 and a small bunker. Working on a larger bunker at the mo.

mark
08-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Hawke wrote:

Horus, warmaster of the imperium, primarch of the lunar wolves

Hawke
im looking forward to it

DarthXander
13-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Making the newest incarnation of my Force Commander (using profile of master)

Terminator armour
Master crafted lightning claw pair (expensive I know)

Then possibly either an Iron Halo or Adamantine mantle or neither.....

I am experimenting with lightning claw poses for him and the body I am using needs some work me thinks!

mark
13-07-2006, 03:58 PM
sounds cool post some pics,

ive started on my chapter master too chapter master wip (http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h255/mark_123_01/chapter%20master%20wip/)