PDA

View Full Version : Australian Stripper

Arctophylax Faren
28-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Noticing the other threads, I realised it's about time I asked for the Australian version. Seeing as I'm now residing here, I'd love to hear from any Australians what the best thing to strip metal models is. Any tried and true out there?

dragonray
28-02-2009, 01:51 PM
ok - maybe it is the alcohol talking but if you want models to strip - put them in front of a camera :) HEHE

Ok Sorry back on topic for the rest of you :)

Drackonis
28-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Australia should have most of the same products that're used to strip models anywhere else.

Of course, I've never stripped a model before, so I haven't actually looked!

scribe
28-02-2009, 02:33 PM
ok - maybe it is the alcohol talking but if you want models to strip - put them in front of a camera :) HEHE

Ok Sorry back on topic for the rest of you :)

So far we've got an English stripper and an Australian one. :p

Arctophylax Faren
28-02-2009, 03:26 PM
You'd be surprised Drack! Out here, nearly everything is different to the UK. Only rarely do I see products I could buy back in England! Unless they're marked as English import of course, then they're more expensive!

Rabidnid
28-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Basically any of the paint strippers in a hardware store. They are all based on Methelene Chloride, so are horrendously toxic, but do work well. If you change yuor mind within a few hours of painting a figure, you can get the paint off with just washing powder and hot water.

In both cases you need an old tooth brush to scrub with, and a well ventilated area to avoid breathing the fumes.

Drackonis
01-03-2009, 02:05 AM
You'd be surprised Drack! Out here, nearly everything is different to the UK. Only rarely do I see products I could buy back in England! Unless they're marked as English import of course, then they're more expensive!

I meant Australian versions of the same products ;)

For example, I'm sure there's some acetone free nail polish remover around (I hear any sort of solvent without acetone in it won't melt the mini's)

Scoppio
01-03-2009, 03:23 AM
ypu want to strip it from its glue or from the paint? brake fluid worked just fine to me to remove the paint, really. A tooth brush and a small cup of brack fluid.