PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Deamons of Chaos List. Please Critique =)

bdub77
22-02-2009, 04:28 PM
I was wondering if I could get some constructive criticism on my Daemons of Chaos List. I just finished building and painting my army, and haven't gotten a chance to use some of this stuff on the table yet.

Any specific tips on how to deal with Daemonic Instability and magic heavy armies would be helpful indeed.

Keeper of Secrets (Soul Swallower) 550 pts

Herald of Tzeentch (Winged Horror) 135 pts

6 Flamers (w/ Pyrocaster) 220 pts
5 Flesh Hounds 175 pts

14 Plaguebearers (full command)(Standard of Seeping Decay: Re-roll failed Wounds 25 pts) 223 pts
Herald of Nurgle (Level 1 Wizard)(Noxious Vapors: Unit Always Strike First 25 pts) 190 pts
Standard of Chaos Glory (Units within 12" Stubborn) 125 pts

10 Bloodletters (Standard, Musician) 138 pts
9 Bloodletters (Standard, Musician, Champion) 138 pts
Herald of Khorne (Torment Blade) 105 pts

6 Power Dice: 5 Dispel Dice

TOTAL 1999 pts

The idea would be that my Plaguebears would be my anvil, with their 4+ regen save from the Herald, gift which lets them always strike first AND re roll failed wounds in combat (throughout the whole game), plus the Banner of Chaos Glory which would make them stubborn for thier Daemonic Instability tests, they'd be a unit that should be sticking around awhile. I was thinking of using my Bloodletters on each side to flank and benefit from being stubborn also.

My KoS will be getting shot at, so I figure that regaining wounds would be helpful indeed even if it is 100 pts. I'd probably do some sort of combined charge wit hmy Flesh Hounds to help with combat resolution.

I tend to play against Empire and Lizardmen alot; Steam Tanks tend to rip me apart. Anyone have any advice for beating something that's 10 wounds, 0+ AS, and one of the fastest units in the game on top of boot (for less than the cost of a Greater Deamon)

Killer
23-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Seems like a good army.

I think the best thing you can do is play 2250 games instead. That is the standard we go by and we found that it takes the same time to play as 2000pts , but it helps expensive armies to get that little boost that they need! Especially DoC and WoC!

I would suggest however to invest in some hounds and also I think that in this particular list that Daemonettes would be more effective than the bloodletters.

But do try to play a few games - after all, experience is the best teacher!...

Happy hunting!

bdub77
24-02-2009, 02:47 AM
Seems like a good army.

I think the best thing you can do is play 2250 games instead. That is the standard we go by and we found that it takes the same time to play as 2000pts , but it helps expensive armies to get that little boost that they need! Especially DoC and WoC!

I would suggest however to invest in some hounds and also I think that in this particular list that Daemonettes would be more effective than the bloodletters.

But do try to play a few games - after all, experience is the best teacher!...

Happy hunting!
Thanks for the advice! Why do you think the Daemonettes would be more effective than the Bloodletters though? They seem a bit overpriced for WS3, S3 attacks (albiet two attacks) ...doesn't seem like I'd be wounding much other than maybe Gnoblars or Empire infantry....maybe you can convince me otherwise though

Killer
24-02-2009, 07:00 AM
well, I think you should maybe keep the one unit of bloodletters for some heavy hitters, but the daemonettes (if I

remember correctly) armour piercing attacks and poison (or is that only if they a herald in them?) - anyway, they're fast,

and they can take out soft targets, most skirmishers, and warmachines in the blink of an eye (I'm thinking Empire

warmachines and lizardmen skinks, to name a few...)