PDA

View Full Version : 2250 VC army

Jasfmpgh
22-02-2009, 02:24 AM
2250 Pts - Vampire Counts -

Vampire Lord
Level 4
Skull Staff , Wristbands of Black Gold, Dark Acolyte , Lord of the Dead, Master of the Black Arts

Vampire
Black Periapt , Helm of Commandment, Dark Acolyte, Summon Ghouls,

Vampire
Rod of Flaming Death, Avatar of Death Heavy Armor, Hand Weapon and Shield, Dark Acolyte

Wight King
Great Weapon, The Flayed Hauberk, The Gem of Blood

Crypt Ghouls 19
Crypt Ghast 1

Skeleton Warriors 19 Standard Bearer, Spear; Light Armour; Shield
Skeleton Champion 1

Skeleton Warriors 19 Standard Bearer, Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield ,War Banner
Skeleton Champion 1

Corpse Cart 1 Balefire

Grave Guard 14 Musician; Standard Bearer, Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield, Royal Standard of Strigos
Seneschal 1

Black Coach 1

Cairn Wraiths 2
Tomb Banshee 1

Total Cost: 2245

Let me know what you guys think.

beergod
24-02-2009, 02:11 PM
you need more horses

waylander2
24-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Do you think it's worth taking the Skull Staff and Lord of the Dead combo for your general vampire Lord??

The reason i ask is, you'll still fail casting invocation of nehek on a roll of 2, even though you have a +2 modifier.

Snickerseve
24-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I think you need to add some Zombies. You are not undead unless you have Zombies. Also I would add a unit of Black Nights or Blood Knights to add some more calvary. I know Necromancers have been brought down a bit but take out one of your Vampires and lets see the Magic of Disney. :)

Jasfmpgh
24-02-2009, 10:09 PM
The main reason I took lord of the dead is so that I can increase the units of skeletons beyond they're starting size.
Missing Calvary and Zombies, I'm only using things I have somewhat painted/put together.. thus no calvary. Zombies are to be summoned.. you don't want those nasty things showing up to the battle til the last second you need them.

smurf9448
27-02-2009, 07:35 AM
252 post Jas?!? I didnt think you were that active...

This army sux. I hope you lose.

Best of luck!!!

XOXO
Chance

SquallEvoker
20-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Okay, you've given me my fair share of advice and comments, now here's some feedback:

Unless you desperately need that one extra power dice, I'd consider switching Dark Acolyte for Forbidden Lore. Just by having the full selection of any one lore, you get a huge advantage. The Lore of Beasts can cripple your opponent's cavalry, gives you a magical bolt thrower, along with other stuff. Lore of Fire is just plain destructive. Look at the spells there, and you'll see that a lot can be used to supplement your own spells.

Instead of a wight king, how about another vampire? Give him Forbidden Lore of Fire, and have him cast Flaming Sword of Rhuin on himself. 4 Attacks that always hit on 2+ and are at S8, and count as magical. I like the sound of it. Also, this change nets you one more dispel die, and another vampire to keep your troops marching.

I'd also give one unit of skeletons a war banner, and the other the Banner of the Dead Legion. Plus to combat res is always good.

With all the changes I suggested, you'd have to find 100 points to spare, which the corpse cart may be removed to achieve this. Alternatively, you could drop the balefire, and your tomb banshee/cairn wraiths for the points, and add two units of dire wolves with a doom wolf for some flanking power. I highly recommend looking into the Forbidden Lore. It may prove to be an amazing addition.

Jasfmpgh
20-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the advice Sqaul.. to tell the truth I've really been thinking about forbidden lore for my lord.. I tried it once and had great luck with the lore of shadows... namely catching quite a few dragon orges with the Pit spell.. Our tourney is tommorrow, so tonight I'm going to have to take a good long look at the list..
I think I will go with lore of the beasts..

Jasfmpgh
24-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Well, the results are in and they aren't good.. dead last place.

Lessons learned.. don't count on magic.
.. don't count on infantry.

Nitram
02-04-2009, 03:18 PM
I agree with squalls advice J, the lore of beasts and some flanking power would be much better.

Jasfmpgh
05-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Well, this is going to be my 2nd try at a decent fighty army. I decided to drop most of my magic focus and to take a ton more fast stuff. The Lord and battle standard bearer go in with the black knights. Which should make them pretty nasty fighters and give them a base combat rez of 6. Manfried goes with the blood knights. Hopefully Van hels'ing them into something really juicy.. let me know what you think.

1 Vampire Lord
General; Level 3 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Undead
1 Dreadlance 1 Crown of the Damned 1 Red Fury 1 Dread Knight 1 Beguile

1 Vampire (Battle Standard Bearer)
Hand Weapon; Battle Standard Bearer; Undead
1 Dread Knight 1 Walking Death 1 The Drakenhof Banner

1 Vampire
Hand Weapon; Undead
1 The Flayed Hauberk 1 Black Periapt 1 Dark Acolyte 1 Summon Ghouls

1 Mannfred the Acolyte
Undead
1 Sword of Unholy Power 1 Walking Death 1 Nightmare 1 Book of Arkhan

8 Black Knights
1 Hell Knight 1 War Banner

5 Blood Knights
1 Kastellan 1 The Flag of Blood Keep

9 Crypt Ghouls
1 Crypt Ghast

6 Dire Wolves
1 Doom Wolf

10 Crypt Ghouls

21 Zombie Horde

Total Roster Cost: 2247

SquallEvoker
06-04-2009, 11:26 PM
I think you're focusing WAY too much on characters and powers and such. You have a block of zombies for tying things down, over 150 points of crypt ghouls, who will do next to nothing whatsoever, and only two functioning threats outside that. Yeah, your blood knights and black knights will tear some stuff up, but all it takes is a well aimed stone thrower or such to kill this or that. I don't know what criticism to add beyond that, but try having more units, as two big threats will be beaten out by three of four smaller ones usually.

Funka Genocide
07-04-2009, 05:51 PM
maybe give that third vampire the boot and get some more skellies?

never played a VC army myself, but it seems like they rely on, well the stinking hordes of the damned.

more stinking hordes are needed!

japehlio
07-04-2009, 07:35 PM
just to let everyone know, Vampires more than ANY other army rely on characters. It is not uncommon for roughly 50% of the armies total points to be spent on characters, an VC can not only get away with it, but do really well with it. My 2500 list and my 2000 list both have at least 900 points of vamps...

Jason, personally i would drop the black knights and shove your lord and mannfred with the blood knights, with a lovely little doggy screen. Use the points saved to bulk up your units a bit, and the 150+ pts spent on your BSB could make hima nice combaty vamp to anchor your lines a bit (on foot of course).

to quote Killer:

just my 2 cents...