PDA

View Full Version : How to paint good skin

saustin
26-06-2006, 02:58 AM
So it\'s not really for a 40k model I got these ogre kindom bulls and i need to know hoe to paint a large amount of skin so it looks good. (so far i\'ve veered away from armies with a lotta skin showin)

grinkohof
26-06-2006, 03:28 AM
well the way i painted my ogre kingdoms was by uncoating it black, then drybrushing codex grey, then i drybrushed fortress grey over that, then i drybrushed skull white over that, then finally i drybrushed elf flesh over all that! phew! then to finish it off i gave the skin a good blackwash using black ink mixed with water, i got a nice overall effect on the models,
hope this helps.

Indra
26-06-2006, 03:59 AM
As a guide for skin I use a combo of inks and drybrush, finished of with a fine highlight.

Basically, I take my main flesh colour, and a shade of whatever colour falls below it in the colour chart. I then paint the deepest colour on, followed by a shading wash on that. I then drybrush the base colour over the top, leaving ink in the recesses.

My flesh colour is then drybrushed over that. Finally, another drybrush of the flesh colour lightened up with whatever colour you chose over the top.

To finish, I then highlight the muscle areas with a slightly lighter shade of the final drybrush colour.

To blend, if you desire, thin down an ink and lightly wash the model to bring it together.

Hope this helps!

:)

mark
26-06-2006, 07:00 PM
there is a article in WD 310, its more on faces than skin but it could help a bit