PDA

View Full Version : Khornate Host

Guzzlrr
16-02-2009, 08:19 PM
well i have most of this army lol so i thought id throw it out the vets of this great comunity

its small but exeptionally hard hitting with a high magic resistance and a lvl 2 wizard who flies and with 80% of the army having hatred except when the herald/kararak dies

LORD
Marcus the Executioner(deamon prince)
lvl2 wizard, unatural swftness, immortal fury and wings

HERO
herald of khorne
firestorm blade and armour of khorne

herald of khorne
firestorm blade and armour of khorne

herald of khorne
firestorm blade, juggernaught and soul hungerer

CORE - This is the thing i have two 20 man bloodletter units pretty large point sink but any smaller and they become vulnerable to shooting and well CC lol so want some advice

Bloodletters (20)
fullcommand

Bloodletters (20)
fullcommand

Bloodletters (20)
fullcommand

RARE

Bloodcrushers (3)
full command

what do you all think????

GuZz

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
16-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Don't you need 3 core choices for 2,000 points? Unless if it is different in the Daemons codex then that's an OK list ye got there. :)

Guzzlrr
16-02-2009, 08:43 PM
awww crap so i do im thinking 40k cheers FH ill drop 5 Bloodletters from each unit and blood hounds and slot in another unit will revse and getb an updated list asap lol

EDIT: droped the flesh hounds and was able to fit a unit of bloodletters in ! score! lol

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
16-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Alright then, a good solid list. I've seen these bloodletters on a rampage and it isn't pretty indeed! The only problem is the amount of units.

Just remember although Bloodletters are absolute powerhouses outmanuverability could own you here.

Guzzlrr
16-02-2009, 09:25 PM
im hoping with things like spells form the lore of shadows (i think its that lore)that gives a unit an extra movement phaze in the magic phaze neat eh! so the blood letters COULD move 20" in a turn! lol

the reason i picked a DP over a Blood thirster, he can be killy (admittedly not as killy as the thirster) but with magic and stuff he can still be pretty awesome and considering hes a bit cheaper!

but yeah i know whatcha mean!

Snoza
17-02-2009, 04:44 AM
That looks incredibly monstrous, not only do you have great CC, but you also have a magical defense (well sort of), and with that extra movement, your bloodletters, will defiently be earning there name and points rather quickly (providing you get that spell).

other then that, i would suggest adding in Furies, for March Blocking (purposes only)

Snoza

Your Conscience
17-02-2009, 09:56 AM
The onyl problem weith this is that because it is uch a high casting value and you onyl have one sorceror it will be difficult to actually cast tis as it will require at least 3 dice and with only 4 casting dce it will be lucky for you to be able to cast any spells so i would instead just go on defencsive instead and go for a bloodthirter insteaf

Marticus
17-02-2009, 10:03 AM
the only other thing is your over on points right? some peoplw wouldnt allow that.. apart from that its stompy :)

Guzzlrr
17-02-2009, 03:47 PM
edited list

HERO
skulltaker

herald of khorne

herald of khorne

herald of khorne
firestorm blade, juggernaught and soul hungerer

CORE

Bloodletters (20)
fullcommand

Bloodletters (20)
fullcommand

Bloodletters (20)
fullcommand

SPECIAL

Flesh hounds of khorne 6
1 flesh hound is krananrak
RARE

Bloodcrushers (3)
full command

thinking giving the characters deamon ic gifts but now dunno what to spend the remaining 155 points on!

what do you all think???? any better????

GuZz

Killer
17-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey Guzz...

Seems like a solid list, but I do have some advice, so here's my 2 cents...

I like the first list better, but both can still work, but I'll just comment on the 1st list:

Remember- the Bloodletters have movement 5, so they are quite manueverable. What I usually do is deploy them in 6 files and 2 ranks- because you can't panic you will get them into combat and if you play more units they can do more damage- you only need 6-7 to get into combat to do serious damage- so go more MSU.

You can always drop the Daemon Prince and get a few pinkies if you want magical defence and see if you can squash in a few hounds... And also, if you put a Herald in aech of your bloodletter units, your whole army has magic resistance.

So what you eventually end up with is a very resilient, fast and furious army, with some real HARD hitters on the flanks with the bloodcrushers and hounds. If its possible, see if you can make one of your heralds a Battle standard bearer...

So this is just the short of it, but I think it's a real scary army to face with any army!

Guzzlrr
17-02-2009, 11:22 PM
ok killer thanks for the advise it has given me an idea 6 wide and 1 less rank and create another unit with left over points i have applied it to both lists

i should also mention my main opponents are probably gonna be high elves and dark elves and maybe bretonian knights

LORD
Marcus the Executioner(deamon prince)
lvl2 wizard, unatural swftness, immortal fury and wings

HERO
herald of khorne
armour of khorne

herald of khorne
battle standard, armour of khorne

herald of khorne
juggernaught and soul hungerer

CORE 5 wide but each of the previous blood letter units have 5 less allowing me to produce another bloodletter unit!

Bloodletters (15)
fullcommand

Bloodletters (15)
fullcommand

Bloodletters (15)
fullcommand

Bloodletters (15)
fullcommand

RARE

Bloodcrushers (3)
full command

1985 - i like this list i really do more units on the table makes the army feel larger and a little more theatning!

the other list

HERO
skulltaker

herald of khorne
armour of khorne

herald of khorne
armour of khorne
battle standard

herald of khorne
juggernaught and soul hungerer

CORE - 6 wide and 3 deep with extra points i increased the sizes of the bloodletters

Bloodletters (18)
fullcommand

Bloodletters (18)
fullcommand

Bloodletters (18)
fullcommand

Bloodletters (18)
fullcommand

SPECIAL

Flesh hounds of khorne 6
1 flesh hound is krananrak

RARE

Bloodcrushers (3)
champ

2044 - i think this is a more sensible list but im not sure what list prefer!
(could drop skulltaker for normal herald if opponent wont allow the list!)

Which in your oppinion is better???

Thanks

GuZz

Son of Sanguinius
18-02-2009, 02:58 PM
yo Guss-guss. there was some bird food in my chicken pakora last nite. not good.

but for more pressing matters in your 2nd list try n drop a bloodletter in each of the units that you are putting a herald in. will still mean ur unit will be 18 strong in total. also remember skull taker moves 4 nt 5 like normal bloodletters so he will slow down that unit. mite even be best to drop him n go for anuver herald. if your going to fight dark elves u will defo need ur flesh hound to protect you from march blocking dark riders or charging the reaper bolt throwers. the army list is good tho i dnt know if your magic protection wuld be enuf against a strong magic offensive.

Guzzlrr
19-02-2009, 03:00 AM
hay just thought id fill yall in went with the second list( edited slightly tho droped skull taker and added bloodthister and was 2500 list) fought against the dark elves and well i ahnialated them demaons in fantasy are awesome!!bloodletters took out a hydra, kranarak and his unit took a chariot charge and took it out. ow and a blood thister took out a dreadlord on a dragon!!!!

cheers for the input guys!

GuZz

Killer
19-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Awesome! Yeah, if you play them right the Daemons is a tough opponent to beat!

I agree with Son of Sanguinus- take out a bloodletter in each unit with a herald.

Also I would suggest dropping krananrak- IMO he's not worth his point cost...

So with the extra pts you can always make one of the heralds a battle st bearer and give them the flaming sword- Then they can take all comers!