PDA

View Full Version : Blood for the Blood God (2250pt Daemons list)

Snoza
15-02-2009, 05:45 AM
Hey guys, i got given the Daemons of Chaos Book, the other day.
and i thought i might post up a list i was thinking of:

Lords:

Bloodthrister
Obsidian Armour, Immortal Fury, Firestorm Blade

Heroes:

Herald of Khorne
Soul Hunger, Armour of Khorne

Herald of Khorne
BSB Great Standard of Sundering, Daemonic Robes

Skulltaker

Core:

15 Bloodletters
Full command, Skull Totem

15 Bloodletters
Full command, Icon of Endless War

15 Bloodletters
Full Command

5 Chaos Furies

5 Chaos Furies

Rare:

3 Blood Crushers
Bloodreaper

3 Blood Crushers
Bloodreaper

Total 2250pts

What do you think?

Snoza

bdub77
22-02-2009, 09:45 PM
hrmmm.....you're going to get wiped out in the magic phase, especially in a 2250 point game. Try playing against the Skaven or Vampire Counts or even the Empire with two dispel dice.. Good luck!

Try maybe throwing some Pink Horrors or maybe a Herald of Tzeentch in there to get some dispel dice so your entire army doesn't get wiped out by turn 2. Also, how do you plan to deal with shooting? Even with the ward save, the 'Letters aren't going to last long against shooty armies like the Empire or Dwarves at only Toughness 3.

On the plus side, the Bloodthirster will be nasty in close combat. Good choice of gifts for him too. I like Khorne alot, but it's hard to play a mono-god army because all the four gods are pretty much just good at one thing and not much else

Killer
23-02-2009, 10:10 AM
I would definitly drop some Bloodcrushers for hounds! The hounds are protected vs magic and shooting struggles to take them out! They can also take on just about any unit! (they are pretty much the equivalent of Chaos Knights, except with 2 wounds, 5+WS and MR3!)

I dont think that the Furies will be very effective in this army! Drop them for pts to go toward some pinkies...

If you drop all of your Bloodcrushers, you can put one of your Heralds on a chariot of Khorne! That'll basicly give you an extra unit and devide your opponents attention... Ive tried these dudes on chariots - VERY effective!

Futher I think its a good list - play with it a few times and you'll see where to tweak it a bit.

Happy hunting friend!