PDA

View Full Version : Da Orcs

waylander2
14-02-2009, 05:19 PM
This is a list i've had a bit of success with. I've recently played against Daemons and beat them. I normally use around 4,000 points

2,500 O&Gs

Orc Great Shaman (lvl4), two power stones……………....….265
Black Orc Biggboss..hvy arm, enchant sh, effigy mork .....139
Orc Shaman (lvl2) ..power stone ………………………........…125
Night Goblin Shaman (lvl2) three mushrooms………......……115

25 Orc Boyz (add chop) full cmd ………......205
24 Orc Boyz (add chop) full cmd……..…....198
20 Night Goblins ,sh bows, 2 fanatics ….....110
24 Savage Orcs (add chop) full cmd …..…..270
24 Savage Orcs (add chop) full cmd ……....270
12 Savage Orc BIG ‘UNs (add chop) std…...178
12 Savage Orcs (add chop) std, boss …..….145
4 Orc Boar Chariots …………………….......…320
4 Snotling Pump Wagons .....................160

The idea is to take lots and lots of small units with alot of punch. Hence all the additional choppas. I've combined this with a magic heavy list, even at the expense of dropping one leadership. I'm aiming to get the Waaagh! spell with one my orc shamans, and cast it with 4d6. It gives my whole army an extra 2d6 move, if they charge no psychology tests, strike first in the next combat, and re-rolls in combat

I've also tried this list a few times against High Elves. They had trouble dealing with 8 chariots hitting them first :D

I know my opponent could dispel it, so i'm after two 6's. It's risky, but has worked so far. On the first turn if i use a mushroom and power stones, i can dish out 15 power dice, not bad for orcs.

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
14-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Da Kunnin' plan is pretty solid mate. Orc and Gobbo magick is pretty damn effective as well as pretty fun I tell you!

No problems with the list at all mate, pretty solid and can deal the hurt pretty efficiently.

Say? Have you considered a savage orc shaman with the Skull Wand of Khaloth? Add big 'ead'z kickin' bootz and that's a character! :D

waylander2
14-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah i've used one of those against a Varghulf before, he was great :D . Killed the Varghulf easily, because they only have leadership 4.
He does have to be a Great Shaman though to get the 3 attacks

It's just a shame i haven't got a BSB in the army

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
14-02-2009, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't worry, all of that magic compensates does it not?