PDA

View Full Version : GLOWING Thousand Sons!

Omegon
14-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Hay doods, I just found an amazing thread at Warseer when I was looking at some Tau stuff, and I thought it was so amazing, I had to tell you guys about it!

Anyways, here's the link: How to Make Glowing Thousand Sons (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48962)

Arkaedin
14-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Nice, I like the idea. It doesn't look like he has any switch at all- that would be a pain to constantly remove the battery and put it back in all the time. A simple toggle switch could do the trick.

Omegon
14-02-2009, 01:02 AM
I was thinking about attempting this eventually, seeing as I'm getting some Rubric Marines for my birthday in March.

Marticus
14-02-2009, 10:03 AM
oh my giddy aunt! possibly the coolest thing i have seen! its truly awsome!!!

Guzzlrr
14-02-2009, 11:47 AM
yeah quite i may attempt this lol

rocketrat
14-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Next step: Build a fire prism with a transparent, glowing prism =D
Even better, mount a laser in it so it actually lights up an enemy with the beam.

Orkgasm
15-02-2009, 07:11 AM
OOOooooo!...the ideas I have now involving the Nightbringer....
Must research....
Great find, Omegon...:D

Scoppio
15-02-2009, 02:02 PM
He forgot the resistor... his led will burnout soon... you NEED a resistor to worl as a current limiter, otherwise you have somethig like 1A going through the LED...

LAZtheinfamous
15-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Someone had done this same thing in a WD about 8 years ago, but with the metal thousand sons. Still impressive.

SoldierOfTruth
26-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Really great find Omegon, I may get flamed for this, but i believe you deserve some REP

Lion El'Jonson
26-03-2009, 10:47 AM
He forgot the resistor... his led will burnout soon... you NEED a resistor to worl as a current limiter, otherwise you have somethig like 1A going through the LED...
a resistor works by producing a Voltage drop. NOT reducing the current.
most bright LEDs have a 4v or higher forward voltage requirement. ONLY if your battery is higher than this will you need a resistor.
the Ampere rating of batteries is quite low in reality so with out actually going out and buying the same battery and testing it i doubt it would be putting any where near 1A through a 30mA(ish) rated LED (this is what the LEDs draws off the battery)

I use 2032 Coin batteries which have a 3V and 220mAh rating so no where near 1A

The Commodore
26-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Really great find Omegon, I may get flamed for this, but i believe you deserve some REP
"Flamed"? what is this "Flaming" you speak of??

There'll be no flaming done here I don't mind tellin' ya! :D

Well done Omegon, I like this idea, and may do something similar a bit down the track. Would be interesting if one could do this for the Avatar??:rolleyes:

Billthebloody
26-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Wow nice find, reminds me of a necron army that someone had put LEDs in which also looked awesome. One day when I have the time and patience I will try this, I am an electrical engineer and work in a electronics factory so it should be fairly straight forward, (famous last words).