PDA

View Full Version : Orcs orcs orcs orcs orcs orcs orcs orcs!

Guzzlrr
13-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi basiccally was looking through my stuff and found my Orcs and thought it would be good to starting them up again (orcs were my very first army and had a VERY bad run with them) now that i have more experiance i think now realize were it all wen horibly wrong so please C&C!

thanks in advance GuZz!!

2000 point army list

LORD
Grimgor Ironhide

Black orc Big boss
Shield and Urlags akrit ake

night gobbo shaman
level two wizard and two dispell scrolls (more for magical defence)

orc big boss
Boar, noggs banner of butchery.

Core

Orc Boys (30)
2x choppas, standard and boss

Orc Boys (30)
2x choppas, standard and boss

Spiders riders (10)
bows, boss and standard and musicain

Night Gobblins (35)
spears, standard and boss and 3 fanatics

Special

Black orcs (15)
boss and standard

Boar Boys (5)
boss and standard

got about 30 points left unsure what to spend it on lol

Snoza
13-02-2009, 08:01 PM
looks very sound, but i would suggest making the the Black orc unit fairly larger, and adding in some Boar Chariots.

Snoza

Marticus
14-02-2009, 08:59 AM
aye a big block of black orcs, and chariots are great even woldf ones

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
14-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Cut down the orc mobs to around 25 and then use the spare points and the points saved by reducing the mobs to make a larger black orc unit. By 5 at least.

Cut down on 10 of those night gobboz if you can to further fuel more points towards a chariot or something.

Guzzlrr
14-02-2009, 12:33 PM
thanks guys, wasnt sure how big to make the Black orcs didnt want them to become a big point sink, but on saying that they are da imortulz

@fireharte : thanks i might do that

Eriatha
14-02-2009, 12:56 PM
I don't know if they're in the newer rules but I always use Savage Orcs. I just love frenzy :)

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
14-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Savage orcs are ace! :D Unfortuanately, the models are metal. :(

Guzzlrr
14-02-2009, 02:06 PM
yeah savage orcs are cool but metal lol but good for the extra point or somthing!
but ill stay with orc and black orcs !

GuZz

Killer
20-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah, like FH said, drop those orc mobs to at least 25 and the night gobbos. If you need some pts you can always drop a fanatic.

I am not sure, but if I remember correctly, spiderriders are fast cav. If so, I would split tem into 2 units (they don't get rank bonuses). That way you can get the maximum use out of them.

Definitly splurge some more pts on Black orcs! Man, you can never have enough of those guys!

Lastly, Have you ever considered a Wyvern? Damn tose things are scary with a warboss on!!!

Well, there you have it... I its usable advice! :D

Killer
20-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah, like FH said, drop those orc mobs to at least 25 and the night gobbos. If you need some pts you can always drop a fanatic.

I am not sure, but if I remember correctly, spiderriders are fast cav. If so, I would split tem into 2 units (they don't get rank bonuses). That way you can get the maximum use out of them.

Definitly splurge some more pts on Black orcs! Man, you can never have enough of those guys!

Lastly, Have you ever considered a Wyvern? Damn tose things are scary with a warboss on!!!

Well, there you have it... I its usable advice! :D