PDA

View Full Version : Warhost of Ulthuan

Marticus
07-02-2009, 12:01 PM
now since ive noticed some 5000pt list love i thought id throw my elves into the ring. now i know a lot of people dont like special characters but i chucked some in here as this army represnets a full warhost of the most powerful nobles of ulthuan so theres a reason for it. and im only using models i own so i cant have any dragon riders im afraid... yet .i may have a go reworking it with characters i made up at some point but anyway here it goes...

lords

Prince Tyrion goes in a unit of dragon princes to cause maximum carnage

Teclis

ALith Anar joins the shadow warriors as a mobile bolt thrower and artillery lone character killer

Heros

Caradryan goes in with the phoenix guard

Korhil goes in with the white lions

lv2 mage with annulain crystal

lv2 mage with forlaiths robe

core

20 spearman full command

20 seaguard full command

10 archers
10 archers
10 archers

special

10 silver helm knights full com
20 swordmasters full com
19 phoenix guard full command
19 white lions full command
5 dragon princes full command
5 shadwo warriors and shadow walker
white lion chariot
white lion chariot
tiranoc chariot

rare

repeater bolt thrower
repeater bolt thrower
repeater bolt thrower
repeater bolt thrower
great eagle
great eagle

there. tis useful that the high elves get more special and rare and less core then other armies.
anyway the tactics would be that teclis and his mages should own the magic phase with his lovely any doible is ultimate power and generation of power and dispel dice. against cc armies with no ranged it can sit back rip out the bolthrowers and archers and seaguard and shadow warriors laying down mass fire while the enemy advances and the chariot and cavalry can then act as rapid linebreaker units while the infantry grind. against shooting armies advance the cav and chariots as fast as possible while the shadow warriors and alith annoy the back line and the eagles swoop over, while the cavalry is advancing send the infantry behind them to mop up whats left... hopefully :)

waylander2
07-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Great list Marticus. It always amazes me to see so many special and rare units.

I've noticed alot of High Elf players having small units of 10 swordmaster. Now i'm no expert on High Elves, what do you think, is it a good idea? i can see both pro's and cons

Snoza
11-02-2009, 07:52 AM
That is very Impressive Marticus, it looks very nice as a list :) REP for your list :)

Snoza

Marticus
11-02-2009, 10:46 AM
@ snoza firstly thanks dude :) its the biggest i can do really as i dont have any more core at the moment, would like another block of spearman though. still missing out loads of heros ive collected over the time and another 20 silverhelms, (back in the old elf codex they were core, hence lots of them) and 4 more tiranoc chariots, and ellyrian reavers and stuff. been an elf fan for a good few years ;) though still havent got a dragon! i had a couple of the old oens but i dont like them compared to the new ones so shant use dragons till i got new silky ones :)

@waylander units of 10... hmmm maybe as a flanking unit i suppose its ok but i like big solid blocks of infantry 20s i know the points are more, but elves being fragile arent that resistant to damage a nice block is, plus rank bonus and such like. 15 is the minimum i would do and thats in games of around 1000-1500 at a push. just not a fan of smaller units of them

Inquisitor Hanson
12-02-2009, 06:10 AM
I would just love to play this army when i have got my Kin Crushers Chaos warband together, i still dont see any dragons though which depresses me somewhat but ultimately its up to you Marti, i think that Dragons are a must because in a battle using so many points your opponent is definately going to have a few flying nasty things. If your playing an army like Orcs they are going to have so, so many units in a massive battle that perhaps its best its best to cut down on the dragons and pack out your units, i would at least have one Marticus just to make sure after all its about quality not quantity (or so i keep insisting to my girlfriend, just a cheeky little joke:-). MORE DRAGONS MARTICUS go and buy some dude. If you cant afford to buy a dragon you are never going to be able to get five thousand points of troops (maybe you already have them in which case the jokes on me), take it easy Marti its been a while but i hope this helps or amuses in its good intent-Inq Hanson.

Marticus
12-02-2009, 02:43 PM
i do actuially already have 5000pts of troop, without including any characters :) been an elve fan for a while ;) got the old dragons but just like to use them...but fear not one day dragons shall fly the sky in my army... one day..... :) as for the joke it amused me dude :) i always like a good opinion my friend

Inquisitor Hanson
12-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Cheers pal, yes it does take awhile to gather that many troops so i imagine that you have been collecting for quite along time now. Im going to keep saying it though...DRAGONS :) infact every post in which i reply to you im going to begin it with the words DRAGONS, GET MORE DRAGONS MARTICUS ha ha im serious lol.