PDA

View Full Version : English Stripper :D

Skringly
04-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Don't get your hopes up lol.

After going through some 50 Chemicals I have found my favorite Cheap and esay to get Strippers.

For plastics MR MUSCLE KITCHEN just let it soak for a day or so then get to work with an old tooth brush, takes paint off easy. Cost me 58p!!!!!

For Metals and (plastics sort of) Nail polish Remover. Even takes off Black Primer in seconds. Dipped a toothbrush in it and scrubbed my Tyranid Zoanthrope with 2 coats of Black Spray. It came off in seconds.

Ok not very complex but to us brits lacking "Simple Green" These are the two best things that won't damage the pocket.

Scoppio
04-02-2009, 10:15 PM
you dont mean "caustic soda"?

Marticus
05-02-2009, 10:48 AM
cheers mezzerik! really useful that is ive been trying to find somethign that will do the business on some models. nail polish remover on metal.... cant believe id idnt think of that doh!

scribe
05-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Oooh, I did get my hopes up! :( lol.

Skringly
05-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Oooh, I did get my hopes up! :( lol.

:D lol :D

Dragonshaman27
06-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Have you guys tried brake fluid! it removes paint and leaves the plastic

let it sit in the brake fluid for a half an hour and it will come out stripped to the bare plastic

here is the funny thing it removes all paint wether it be acrylic or oil based

Marticus
06-02-2009, 04:49 PM
any particular kind of brake fluid? like syntetic or dot 40 or i dont know really

Dragonshaman27
06-02-2009, 05:07 PM
any type really!

Silver
06-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Damn the title sounds wrong....especially after reading MR. MUSCLE KITCHEN :D

scribe
06-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Have you guys tried brake fluid!

No, but my ex did :D.

Sorry, bad joke. Back on topic please guys. Ahem.

Gagoc The Ancient
07-02-2009, 12:22 AM
I know of something that strips metals, and I've heard it also works for Plastics and possibly Resin.
And you don't have to wear rubber gloves to use it.

Fairy Power Spray.

Honest! I had these two metal RT pieces I'd been trying to strip for probably a month or more, using Acetone and then Methylated Spirits, to little effect.
I used the Power Spray, treating it like a dirty plate and following the instructions, and scrubbed them under the hot tap.

With one it got nearly all the paint off except for that which was trapped in the recesses.
The other, with which the previous stuff hadn't even softened the paint, had about 80% of the paint come straight off. I got more off with a couple more applications of the spray.

Okay so neither piece is 100% stripped, but I got enough off to make little difference and without resorting to harsh chemicals and I only had to leave them in it for 10 to 30 minutes for each application.

Ad Meliora
26-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Just wanted to say I tried the Mr.Muscle and it worked a treat. Cheers

Lion El'Jonson
26-02-2009, 06:33 PM
I have been using brake fluid for years. think it works great BUT there again i have never thought of trying other stuff.

Skringly
26-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Well its good to know that I've been a help. But never fear I following up even more tests in my lab. My mum thinks I'm sniffing these things the amount of stuff I'm getting. Next on the List Dettol Disinfectant!

Brother Macharius
28-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Worth triying "Míster Musculo" as we know it here... Does anybody now if also removes the methacrylate glue ("Krazy Glue")??

Skringly
02-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Nail polish is a definate yes I was able to strip a Lemans Russ side of Lich Purple back to the Grey under coat in 90 seconds. Just dipped a tooth brush in the bottle and scrubbed like mad. Also this will work in the Land Down Under!