PDA

View Full Version : Project 17

TheSovereign
22-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Well as some of you may know, I recently sold some of my unfinished Imperial Guard army to a friend to settle a debt I owed him. As a plus, this means he has enough to field a 400 point force of Mechanized Grenadiers, so now I have another army to play against, bonus!

Anyway, after the dust settled I\'ve been left with the following models:

-Five Catachans (I was using them as Veterans)
-About 25 Cadians (two lascannons, some grenade launchers)
-A Command Squad with a converted Officer and some other stuff
-Inquisitor and Retinue (mostly random henchmen)
-2 Death Cult Assassins
-1 Culexus Assassin

Now, I was wondering what to do with this mess. Really, it\'s not enough to field even an interesting Combat Patrol of Guard, as it\'d really just be a Platoon and maybe the Inquisitor. So, I\'ve decided that I\'m going to use at least some of them for a new project. I think the first part to be done will be an Inquisitor and Retinue, including one or two sages, two warriors, and some familiars. I\'m going to start work on these soon, and I think a lot of people will enjoy them.

Got lots of ideas but don\'t want to reveal too much. Ordinarily, I wouldn\'t do this sort of thing, but it\'s too good to pass up. Really, I\'m sure somebody will figure it out quite quickly, but still. Don\'t want to let it out too early, like I said. One model\'s already in the works, but I\'ll probably wait until it\'s nearer to completion to post. Never fear, I\'ll try my best to get some progress done in the next few days.

Whoops, there goes another hint. That makes two now. Highly astute people might realize what this is all about, but probably not. Anyway, I\'ll start soon -- later everyone!

Post edited by: TheSovereign, at: 2006/06/22 13:53

Post edited by: TheSovereign, at: 2006/06/22 15:13

Indra
22-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Do some sort of Diorama, with the Ordo Xenos inquisitor ordering his mens to gun down an implacable advance in classic Imperial style. Good oportunity to model some nice terrain and make a special effort of a bigger warscene.

(think florist wire painted bright red to resemle laser blasts en masses against a wave of nids...)

Skrall
22-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Or orks popping out of the tree\'s at ya, axes ready to make your catachans a muscle soup

Hawke

TheSovereign
23-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Huh, did someone delete that guy\'s post asking who Gordon was? It wasn\'t really off topic, and I think if a moderator did it, it was a little unnecessary.

mark
23-06-2006, 04:45 PM
why is gordon highlighted in your text ?

(stop deleting my post im on topic)

Skrall
24-06-2006, 04:32 AM
Thats a bloody good question, whats with the gordon?

Hawke

TheSovereign
24-06-2006, 05:43 AM
Heh, was wondering if anyone would notice that. I\'ll show you in a few days...looks like this weekend is right out for modelling. I\'ll have something up on Tuesday.

mark
27-06-2006, 04:31 PM
is the title the other clue ?

mark
01-07-2006, 03:48 AM
please tell us what its all about its friday now

TheSovereign
01-07-2006, 05:14 AM
mark wrote:

please tell us what its all about its friday now

Soz guys, I\'ve been terribly lazy this week. Anyway, yes the title was the other clue. My plan is to convert Gordon Freeman, Barney Calhoun, and some other characters from Half Life 2. I\'m not sure if it will be an actual army or just some showcase models yet, but I\'ve started work and things are turning out fairly well so far. Gordon will have a bolt pistol and power crowbar. :)

Indra
01-07-2006, 06:09 AM
Hell that was a cleverly written topic.

Im boosting your Karma for mental stimulation!

(PS Great idea for a project by the way...)

mark
05-07-2006, 12:01 AM
sounds cool but you\'ve lost me since i dont know what Half Life 2 is.

Indra
05-07-2006, 04:29 AM
One of the best FPS sequels ever made.

Nuff sed.

grinkohof
05-07-2006, 06:49 AM
it involves aliens, mad scientists with guns, and lots of death. not a fan of it myself though.