PDA

View Full Version : Competitive WoC 2k list...

Hurtinator
29-01-2009, 02:58 AM
Finally came up with a decent all round army, hope you like it :)

Exalted Hero
-Mark of Khorne
-juggernaught
-axe of khorne
-shield
-favour of the Gods

Exalted Hero
-barded steed
-shield
-battle standard bearer
-banner of the Gods

Chaos Sorcerer
-level 2
-mark of tzeentch
-disc of tzeentch
-book of secrets

Festus the Leech-Lord

Warriors of Chaos(15)
-Mark of Slaanesh
-shields
-full command
-Rapturous Standard

Marauders(20)
-Mark of Nurgle
-full command
-great weapons

Marauders(20)
-Mark of nurgle
-full command
-great weapons

Marauder Horsemen(5)
-mark of khorne
-flails
-musician

Chaos Knights(5)
-mark of Khorne

Chaos Warshrine
-mark of Tzeentch

Snoza
29-01-2009, 03:51 AM
it looks alright, but with the Sorcerer of Slaanesh, swap it to Nurgle, because well Slaanessh really doesnt have any great spells, other then that, it looks pretty solid, also have you tried it out yet?

Snoza

Hurtinator
29-01-2009, 12:52 PM
yes, and no decent spells? slaanesh is one of the best lores we have! lash of slaanesh and tintalating delusions are game breakers against brets/WE :P

I played it last night against tomb kings, now there the slaanesh wizard was pointless... did quite well though.

Hurtinator
29-01-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm debating replacing the unit of knights with a chaos giant with mark of slaanesh, would add some much needed "spunk" to the army :P

Killer
29-01-2009, 07:05 PM
One prob though, the marauders can't take a magic stadard unfortunately! :(

But otherwise seems like a nice playable list! Bit different to my usual lists, but not bad at all!

A Giant is always a good add (especially scary with the mark of Slaanesh!), but I just like the knights so much that I would not swap them out! But thats just personal preference...

When are you playing with this list again? A battle report would be great, especially with a few pics in between! ;)

Hurtinator
29-01-2009, 08:01 PM
oh snap! totally missed that marauders are an exception to the magical standard in units!

might replace the slaanesh sorcerer with festus and place him in the unit of chaos warriors, make them really freaking hard.

fixed the list in the original post, also, anyone guess that I play against alot of psychology heavy armies? lol

Killer
29-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Not a bad list, but I'd like to haer how this army fares in another game before I make too many suggestions....

Well, about the psychology thing, yes, I believe that you should keep fear cuasing armies and gunlines in mind when makink your army, but also be careful not to over compensate!

For example: giving a squad the mark of Slaanesh is one way to deal with those grievances, but slap on them the mark of Nurgle and pop in a sorcerer on a palanquin or exhalted hero (battle st bearer) on a daemonic mount pretty much accomplishes the same AND in addition makes them as though as Heck and your opponent won't be able to kill eneough of them in one round to make them panic, and even if the DO panic they can re-roll it, so no worries there! (you see what I'm getting at?...)

Now the down side is this way is a bit more expensive, so balance it out with a few cheap multitask units like Horsemen of Slaanesh!... They are really versatile and VERY usefull!

But let me know how it goes first!

Good luck and happy hunting! ;)