PDA

View Full Version : Sea of Iron Chaos Warband (5kpt army)

Snoza
27-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Hey Guys, i thought i would post up my nearly Complete Chaos Army, here it is:

Sea of Iron Warband

Lords:

Lord Kalak 695

Chaos Dragon, Shield, Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Runesword, Armour of Damnation.

Sorcerer Lord Krek 344

Lvl 4, Barded Chaos Steed, Mark of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Book of Secrets, Golden Eye of Tzeentch.

Heroes:

Krekís Acolyte Kanor 190

Lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, dispel scroll x2

Krekís Acolyte Ronak 175

Lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Staff of Sorcery

Lord of Ironís Champion Kurgis 295

Chaos Chariot, Chaos Runeshield, Mark of Khorne, Bloodcurdling Roar,

Kralak, Lord Kalakís Personal Banner Holder 260

Banner of The Gods

Core:

12 Warriors 252

Full Command, Mark of Nurgle, Shields

11 Warriors 236

12 Warriors 252

5 Warhounds 30

5 Warhounds 30

5 Warhounds 30

5 Warhounds 30

15 Marauders 120

Full Command, Mark of Slaanesh, Light Armour, Shield

5 Marauder Horsemen 115

Full Command, Throwing axes, Mark of Slaanesh

Special:

12 Chosen 308

Full Command, Additional Hand Weapons, Mark of Khorne

5 Chaos Knights 320

Full Command, Blasted Standard, Mark of Nurgle

5 Chaos Knights 305

Full Command, Lances, Mark of Nurgle

6 Chaos Ogres 350

Mutant, Chaos Armour, Great Weapons, Mark of Nurgle

Rare:

Bloodbeast of Khorne (Spawn) 75

Plague Bringer Nurgle (Spawn) 85

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth 285

Great Weapon

Hellcannon 205

Total: 4987pts

please let me know what you think of the list

Snoza

Inquisitor Hanson
27-01-2009, 02:12 PM
By the Gods wouldnt it be lovely if the allmighty Chaos Gods were to get off there cosmically bloated backsides for once and do some fighting for themselves! Nice list Snoza but allthough im no expert as you know why not optimize and have 4 hellcannons, that would give the enemy hell. Speaking of lists i need you to come and take a look at my finished 2000pt army list for the Widowmakers and give me your opinion on whether my choices are sound. Please wander on over and give me your opinion (post 11). Cheers dude-Inq Hanson.

Marticus
27-01-2009, 02:14 PM
ouch!!! are these models you have or going to get? if so thats a whole lotta chaos... i can see a big battle with me pointy eared ones :)

Snoza
27-01-2009, 09:34 PM
thanks guys, well Marticus, i have most of it except for the Hellcannon, 5 Knights with Lances, and 10 warhounds, after i have them, my Army will be half Complete, cause im trying to get 10k points in my Army, before i think i have enough points in my army.

Snoza

Inquisitor Hanson
29-01-2009, 01:22 AM
Way to go Snoz i want to get at least five thousand points for my Chaos Army aswel. I am already collecting every army for 40k and am aiming to get between 2000-5000 points of every army. When i finish my Chaos army in a year or two i am going to start on 5000points of Lizardmen giving me something to do well into the future. Keep me updated on how your evil legions are doing.

Snoza
29-01-2009, 03:48 AM
Tha sounds really Awesome Inq. and i thanks i will keep you posted on how the Legion goes :D

Snoza

Marticus
29-01-2009, 10:33 AM
ohhhh my! looking forward to seeing a nice group shot of both your chaos armies in its entire form!

Inquisitor Hanson
29-01-2009, 12:26 PM
That would be really cool i would just love to play a 5000pts Chaos verses Chaos battle to see who the dark Gods favour more, its a shame your so far away Snoza bro. As for group shots of mine i dont know, i can assemble and convert models really well but cant pait at all, and when you have converted something unique you dont want to botch it up by giving it a rubbish paint job if you know what i mean. Anyways hey Marticus what army do you play for Warhammer bro?

Marticus
29-01-2009, 12:52 PM
well ive got a few... my biggest is High elves about 4000pts of just troops then characteres can prob do a 6000pt game with them i reckon. then dark elves about 3000ptsi know its odd lol, tomb kings 1500, lizardmen 1000 and a few dwarves knocking around about 1000pts of them i think lol

Inquisitor Hanson
31-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Hmm maybe when i have enough troops we can play a game or two? High Elfs are a great army there another army i like for there background and the models they have available. Im going to get myself a High Elf army aswel at some point.

Marticus
31-01-2009, 01:31 PM
cool they do have some stunning models i need sme more stuff for mine.. i dont have a single dragon! i need a couple lol :)

Inquisitor Hanson
01-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Yeah you definately need some Dragons in your army bro, if you were going to go up against Snoza or Me our Chaos Dragons would be eating your expensive troops for breakfast and nothing says high elves like Dragons.

Snoza
02-02-2009, 07:57 AM
yes, go the Dragons, not to mention the vast majority of high armour saved troops :D and near invincible Knights :P

Snoza

Killer
02-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Snoz, my friends and I have debated this issue since the new WoC book came out, and we have concluded that it is MUCH

MUCH bbetter to leave the knight with the enscorsled weapons than to pay for the lances!You lose the magical swords if

you give 'em lances and the strength and the magical attacks!

I would love too hear if you have some sort of cunning plan with the lances, 'cuase they look great on the models!

Snoza
02-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks, Killer, i have beening thinking that too, but with the Lances, them getting 11 S6 attacks and cause fear, would make a really nasty combo, providing that they got the charge. but if they didnt then well they will die.

Snoza

Killer
02-02-2009, 12:41 PM
See that's the thing! Why would you want to PAY to make them a bit weaker?

Without the lances they are quite formidible on the charge AND consecutive rounds AND they can take a charge aswell.

Too many times I've seen a Knight squad rubber lancing and then get killed in the next round, but with S5 all around and magical attacks, the Chaos knights can take on just about anything- Big blocks of infantry, eliites, ethereals, you name it!

Inquisitor Hanson
02-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah i was wondering about this ensorcelled weapons seem the way to go sinse there strength 5 and give you magical attacks i wasnt sure if i should have taken lances for my knights so that clears that up, thanks Killer your a *

Killer
02-02-2009, 05:25 PM
What?! Really?! I'm an asterics?!

Inquisitor Hanson
02-02-2009, 09:02 PM
lol, no i meant your a * (star) In a good way not that your quite literally a huge burning ball of gas but if you prefer that interpretation then i hope you take it as a compliment with either interpretation.

Killer
03-02-2009, 06:30 AM
... I prefered the asterics... ;)

Snoza
03-02-2009, 07:48 PM
yeah i guess, the Lances arent really the way to go, and yes from personal experience ensorcelled weapons are by far realy good in all rounds of combats, (in a game i had, my Knights + Lord got charged by 3 Daemonette units, and well i lost none , and killed everything :P)

I was thinking i might try something different

Snoza

Killer
04-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah, crazy isn't?!

My Knights + Lord got charged by a 3 Maneaters and a butcher AND sidecharged by 4 Ironguts... I killed them all! It took me 3 rounds , but still...

... Like I said they're crazy strong!