PDA

View Full Version : New 4k Ogre List

LoganVivisected
26-01-2009, 02:07 AM
After some play testing my ogres I've settled on a final 4k list thats easy enough to chop down to 2k should I need to. Final Ogre list as follows--

Tyrant Hann Korg
Tenderizer
Luck Gnoblar
Heavy Armor
Kineater
Total- 296

Center piece of the army, will old the middle with a unit of IGs with War Banner. Main job is to charge eliet infantry/knights. He keeps other units from fleeing with kineater and can handle most lords and pretty much any hero who faces him in a challenge with a great weapon that takes d3 wounds, at WS5 S7 chances are I only need to hit most things 1-2 times. And with 5 attacks along with impact hits and the charge bonus that shouldn't be too hard to do.

Slaughter Master-Morteskhan
Seige Breaker
Total-230

Runs with an IG unit. decent combat lord as well as lvl4 wizard. Not someone I would want mixed up in fights with enemy heros/lords but the seige breaker is a nice surprise to pull on a challenge as its a +3 gw that uses the enemy units I instead of WS so it will be hitting hard and against most units on 3+/4+. Good amount of damage comming from a charge from him.

Butcher 1
Skullmantle
Scroll
Total-175

Butcher 2
Bang Stick
Scroll
Total-180

Both will be with IG units. Decent fighters for handling unit champs and both are lvl2 wizards that can throw some decent buffs around on my units. Skullmantle is good for breaking units as well as its negative effects on ld coupled with braingobblers can send most core running from the hills after a charge from some IGs.

Butcher
Hellheart
Total-180

Hellheart pretty much takes away an enemy casting phase. You don't see it pop up with ogres much but with the army I'm going for the point alotment allows for me to play around with this while keeping the two standard butchers. All spells cast in the phase used miscast on any double and the caster has to use the gut magic miscast table. Not a risk most want to take with low W wizards trying for big spells at the end of the game.

Bruiser
Great Weapon
Bull Gut
Heavy Armor
Total-172

This guy will be running with my Man Eaters. Where my Tyrant is the anvil this guy will be the hammer.

Ogre Bullsx3
Light Armor
Bellower
Total-124

Ogre Bullsx3
Light Armor
Bellower
Total-124

The Bull MSUs will set up charges and retreat. With the speed of Ogres I can pull blocks of units out of the line of the enemy to set up flank charges from my IG units. Also at T4 and having W3 they can weather a round of shooting fine which is all an OK player needs as marching/charging 12 inches means I will rarely have to worry about taking charges myself.

Iron Guts x3
Bellower
Standard
Total- 174

Iron Guts x3
Bellower
Standard
Total- 174

Iron Guts x3
Bellower
Standard
Total- 174

Iron Guts x3
Bellower
Standard
Total- 174

These are the hitters in the army. All have Great Weapons and Heavy Armor as standard. Ranked up with my lords/heros they will hit hard. Impact hits, A4 on the charge at S6 is nothing to scoff at hitting your flanks.

Iron Guts x3
Bellower
Standard
War Banner
Total-199

The unit with my Tyrant. Effectivly the same role as the other IGs but with the additional CR and staying power they can weather tough enemies much easier and take on elite blocks if I can make sure I get the charge in.

Gnoblar Fighters x30
Sharp Stuff
Total- 60

Gnoblar Fighters x30
Sharp Stuff
Total- 60

Can you have an OK list without these guys turning up? Really? At 30 models each these will be great speed bumps mixed into my ogers. Though chances are I will stick to useing them as rear guard as they are slow but decent for giving a dragon something to munch on other than ogre rump. ;)

Gnoblar Trappers x9
Sharp Stuff
Skirmishers
Total-54

Small harrasment unit. Will be fed to something. The 360 line of sight means easy charge set up for ogres.

Yhetees x3
Frost Weapons
Ignore Terrain
Total-195

Yhetees x3
Frost Weapons
Ignore Terrain
Total-195

Ogres don't get fast cav, but we do have these wonderful units. Excellent flankers and march blockers since they ignore terrain.

Gnoblar Scrap Launcher x2
Total-330

Chariot and warmachine. Interesting rules and can cause some decent damage to ranked archers and other soft targets with its stone thrower rules.

Gorger
Gorger
Total-150

Warmachine hunters and flank harrasment. Alone these guys can handle even lords, and killing blow frienzied ogres charging from any table edge is nothing someone wants to deal with.

Slave Giant
Broken
Monstrous Creature
And the Slave Giant special Attack Table
Total-175

Can anyone say arrow magnet? Sure once in a great while one of these guys can single handedly break a whole army but these tend to be nothing more than a turn free from arrows and bullets for you. Granted if he does somehow live to the enemy lines he can wreck so havoc but expectations are nothing more than distraction.

Lead Belchers x2
Lead Belchers x2
Total-220

1 unit of these guys on both of my flanks will give me an easy panic/dead fast cav or skirmishing kill. When they hit they hit hard if they don't blow themselves up. After that they effectvly become another unit of Bulls.

Man Eaters x2
Great Weapons
Heavy Armor
Total-180

Like I was saying this is my hammer unit. S7 A4 (5 on charge) plus impacts at WS4 means a lot of dead core and some very nervous elites/chariots. No one likes getting charged by these guys because if their units aren't wiped out altogether they tend to be running from the hills regardless.

Army Total- 3995pts

Not a Cat
26-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Scary list man. :( Do you have all these models already, or is this what you're aiming for?
I always had a special place in my old cold heart for these guys. ;D
May I ask what the Luck Gnoblar does? I kinda missed that when lurking over my mates Armybook. If it violates GW and Astros rules then forget I asked. =P

LoganVivisected
26-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Well the only ones I'm lacking models in some stage of completetion for are the Yehtees, 1 unit of IGs, the bruiser, Maneaters and the Slaughter Master. Everything else is here and there in terms of completetion, you can see most in my WIP log.

Luck Gnoblars allow for one failed armor save to be re-rolled. at an extremely small pts value I don't mind paying for it. Ogres don't get much in the way of armor (some would argue their base T makes up for this...) so in my opinion whatever little extra helps. Ogre's are an offensive army anyways so I would rather keep armor use at a minimum ;)

113 models in a 4k list. I find that funny.

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
26-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Scary list as NAC said, the butchers and slaughtermaster will dominate the magik phase. Not much I can say here mate. :)

Killer
02-02-2009, 12:18 PM
I think this is a very well thought through army! No criticism on my part.

My friend also plays OK's so I know a scary Ogres army when I see one! :D

See if you can get someone brave enough to face you and post a battle report to tell us how far you won! ;)

Inquisitor Hanson
02-02-2009, 10:38 PM
God i would love to play this army when i finally have 4-5000points of Chaos in a Year or so, sounds and looks fantastic, a totally spiffing idea LONG LIVE THE MINIONS OF THE GREAT MAW

LoganVivisected
03-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Thanks guys! Yeah the MSU ogres is really killer against armies. People just don't know how to handle that many of the big guys bum rushing their flanks :D

And I.Hanson in a year I very well could be stationed in northern europe so if so we'll book a GD event sometime ;)

Inquisitor Hanson
03-02-2009, 04:00 AM
Thats a great idea only problem is my friend is that i cant bloody paint, i can build models beautifully and do excellent conversions i just cant make them look great, i suppose i could kidnap one of the Games Workshop team and make them paint the models for me but somehow i think thats unlikely. If your ever in London in about a year from now look me up for a game, if you want to see what your gonna be up against check out the Kin Crusher warband Thread (5000pts).