PDA

View Full Version : The 500 Point Challenge

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
25-01-2009, 09:26 PM
This thread is for the procuction and comparison of 500 point army lists. If this isn't allowed could it please be locked.

Right then, I'll personnally give a rep boost to user posted list who makes the best 500 point army list applying the following criteria for judging*:
^^^^^^^^^^^
Scratch that, Ark will be giving a rep boost to the winner which will be 7 (or 8 depending on how much rep he has by the closing date) points! If there are enough entries, Fire harte will boost Second place!

1) The army has a theme which is reflected by its structure and equipment (No calling it Stirland River Patrol if it has two cannons and a musket line ;))

2) The army is yours and yours alone. No external input. Of course I cannot measure this but in the spirit of the competition please

3) The first list you post up can only be edited TWICE.

5) All Entries Must Be Legal (No over spending on equipment, abides by the unit limitations etc...)

-----------
All Entries Must Be Posted Up In This Thread By Sunday 1st Of February :)
-----------

Happy list building! :D

(I'll post up mine laterz...)

-------

*Judging: We shall either have a panel or a public vote. :)

NOTE: This is an unnoficail contest but has been approved, it does not break any rules :)

LoganVivisected
26-01-2009, 05:28 AM
Made a Clan Skyre list.

Heroe-

Chieftan
Heavy Armor
Additional Hand Weapon
Total- 53

20 Clan Rats
Standard
20 Clan Rats
Standard
20 Clan Rats
Standard
20 Clan Rats
Standard
Total-240

20 Slaves
Total-40
20 Slaves
Total-40

4 Warplock Jezzails
Total-80

Poisoned Wind Globadiers x4
Total-40

Total-493

Snoza
26-01-2009, 09:57 AM
here is a what i would think a Nobles Body guard would consist of:

Nobles body guard

Noble: 99
Dragon Armour, Great weapon,

Core

10 Spearmen 115
Full command

Special:

11 Pheonix Guard 195
Full Command,

5 Swordmasters of hoeth 87
Bladelord

Total: 496

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
26-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks very much guys! :D

Anybody else is free to join in. :)

Consadine
26-01-2009, 02:27 PM
The forest is alive (with fear inducing units! :D)

Hero:
Branchwraith- 65

Core:
x10 Dryads: 120
x10 Dryads: 120

Special:
x3 Tree Kin: 195

Total: 500 points

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
26-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks Consadine! :D

---------------------

Stirland River Patrol (Full Strength)

Captain of The Empire
Heavy Armour
Shield
Pistol
Biting Blade

54 Points

10 Huntsmen of Stirland
Marksman
Musician

110 Points

15 Spearmen
Full Command Group
Shields

-Detachemnt
5 Crossbowmen
5 Halberdiers

190 Points

10 Spearmen
Full Command
Shields

-Detachments
5 Milita
5 Milita

130 Points

495 Points

This is the army that patrols the river stir, a mixture of official troops and volunteers. Although they not all patrol at one given time, this is the full strength of the patrol when the situation demands it with their commanding officer.

:)

mastershaper
26-01-2009, 04:36 PM
I will post up later

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
26-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Excellent! :D If you don't I'll shoot you a PM as a reminder ok? :)

Come on guys! :)

redbeardthefarmer
26-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Quick question, mostly clarifying. What exactly do you mean by competitive? Just wondering before I start in on the contest.

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
26-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Well, design the list so it can tackle all comers. :)

I'll actually edit it out though as it kinda doesn't work. :o

Not a Cat
26-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Karak Hirn Patrol Guard delivering the newly forged Lord Cannon to the Engineers Guild in Karak Norn. Accompanied by the Dragonslayer Aldrick to protect the warmachine at all costs.

Dwarf Thane Grogni Zoricsson (99pt)
- Shield
- Great Weapon
- Ro Stone
- Ro Resistance

Dragonslayer Aldrick Thorinbeard (95pts)
- Mro Flight
- Ro Fire

Warriors (10): (95pts)
- Musician, Standard Bearer

Warriors (10): (105pts)
- Musician, Standard Bearer, Veteran

Cannon (1) (105pt)
- Engineer

Total: 499 points

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
26-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Excellent! Thanks NOC!! :D

The Warsmith
26-01-2009, 09:14 PM
here is a what i would think a Nobles Body guard would consist of:

Nobles body guard

Noble: 99
Dragon Armour, Great weapon,

Core

10 Spearmen 115
Full command

Special:

11 Pheonix Guard 195
Full Command,

5 Swordmasters of hoeth 87
Bladelord

Total: 496

If you are not going by actual border patrol rules, then the fact this has only one core unit makes the list illegal.

I will post up later :)

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
26-01-2009, 09:17 PM
High elves only need one core choice I think, don't worry yerself mate! :)

Thanks for your interest though! :D

Snoza
27-01-2009, 07:00 AM
Yes, high elves only require 1 Core Choice, up to 2000 where they need 2, but they can have twice as many Special units then normal.

Snoza

Marticus
27-01-2009, 09:57 AM
ok dude... just had a look i shall knock up a few tonight.. is there any limit on how many you do since i have multiple armies?

waylander2
27-01-2009, 01:42 PM
da ReD FanG Nomadic Badlands tribe

These are fast attack raiders, looting as much as they can before the reinforcements turn up. They also have the speed to run for it if they encounter a larger army.

NOGLAR BIGTEEF DA BOSS - Goblin Bigboss, riding in a goblin wolf chariot, Wollopa's One Hit Wunda, light armour, shield .... 114 pnts
SNITCHY FIZZBANG - Goblin Shaman (lvl1) rides wolf ...... 67 points

Core units
5 Goblin Wolf Riders - spears and light armour ... 65 points

Special Units
1 Goblin Wolf Chariot - 4 goblin all with short bows and spears, 2 wolves ... 63 points
1 Goblin Wolf Chariot - 3 goblin all with short bows and spears, 2 wolves ... 60 points

Total = 499 points

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
27-01-2009, 04:00 PM
ok dude... just had a look i shall knock up a few tonight.. is there any limit on how many you do since i have multiple armies?

Well, well keep it to one army list per entrant this time around. :)

@ Waylander2: Thanks mate! :D

redbeardthefarmer
27-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Piers the Intrepid of Artois Patrols his Land.

Paladin: Warhorse, Lance, Armor of Aguilf, Virtue of Discipline: 113
Paladin BSB: Warhorse, Lance, Virtue of Empathy: 88
5 Knights of the Realm: 170
20 Men at Arms: with spears, Full command: 107

Bretonnian Army of 498 points. Tough to do with a mandatory two heroes. Not to mention other pricey units.

A noble's son helping his father partol the woodlands of his Duchy. Some faithful friends, his father's master of arms, and some peasants round out his force. They are ready to take on any invader.

Jasfmpgh
27-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Baal, a thin almost skeletal vampire used his necro magic over a long winter in the north on a small isolated tribe. As the tribesmen fell sick and died one by one they're bodies would vanish within a day or two, often with no tracks leading to them.. only away from them. Eventually the entire tribe was Baal's and he had a start of his own army.

Vampire w/ Dark Acylote, Lord of the Dead, Helm of Commandment, and Black Periapt.
Baal.

6 Grave Guard w/ Champ and Standard
The Tribe's Chief and his warriors.

13 Skeletons w/ Champ and Standard
The Men of the Tribe.

21 Zombies w/ Standard
The Rest of the Tribe.

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
27-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Awesome guys thanks! :)

Remember when you submit your vote you will be judging the THEME of the army and how it is approached by the armylist. :)

Marticus
28-01-2009, 10:23 AM
ok now i forgot the list i made.... left it at home i got distracted and started painting for a change but if i recall.....

SEA GUARD RAIDING FORCE.
prince Alarath heavy armour, shield reaver bow (3 s5 shots per turn at 36" range)
14 sea guard with banner of battle
1 repeater bolt thrower
5 shadow warriors with walker

basics of the army its a raiding force from sea lord Aislinn, probably hitting the marauder coast villages stands back and hammers bows, the shadow warriors like fighting most things and would be happy to lend support, though i consider them to be more of a skirmishing sea guard for the theme purpose..... the would have unloaded the bt from the ship and then stand back and hammer with ranged fire whatever gets near then if need be the sea guard and prince are a formidable unit fighting in 3 ranks

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
28-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks marticus! :D

Marticus
28-01-2009, 03:02 PM
not a problem my good fellow.. soooo how does the voting and such like work?

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
28-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Voting will start on the 2nd of february and will close on the 8th. :)

Killer
29-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Ok, well, here goes...

A warband from a small northern nomadic tribe devoted to the Plaugefather recently fell into the favour of The Great Unclean One and dedicated their lives to spread the gospel of their Lord.

However, after a skirmish with a Dwarf patrol unit near the foot of the World Edge Mountains, not far from Kul, disaster struck - the leader of the warband, Katrach, was overcome by the sudden onslaught of the Dwarves who struck just as they were setting up camp, and was forced to flee.

This displeased the Lord of Decay greatly as his bidding was not carried out as promised and the clan fell into digrace as Katrach mutated into a horrible spawn. His son, Enoch, second in command, then took it upon himself to lead his father's men to the most northern part of the world, where the Gate of Chaos is, and lay offerings and sacrifices before their patron god, Nurgle, as an act of penance and ask the Lord of All Things to restore their leader to his former glory.

First Enoch made back to their tribe's settlement to gather reinforcements in the form of the warriors' eldest sons to make the perilous journey with them and hopefully get embraced by the Father of Decay aswell and ascend to manhood and a higher purpose...

Enoch:

Exalted Hero 155
MoN+ Flail+ Shield+ Chaos Steed

Katrach's Men:

10 Warriors 206
MoN+ Halberds/Shields+ Musician

The sons of the warriors:

10 Marauders 54
Flails+ Musician

Katrach

Spawn of Nurgle 85

TOTAL: 500pts

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
29-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks killer! :)

ItemfinderDeluxe
29-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Might as well enter in this one too :P . Here's an Empire list.

THEME

Whilst the Engineers of Nuln are certainly 'adept' at creating new and exciting weapons for the use of the Empire against its many foes, engineering policy requires that all new inventions be tested for a period of 6 Imperial months on the field of battle. This, of course, creates many problems for fledgling engineers.

Firstly, Engineers are by far not the best Generals the Empire can offer. Many focus too heavily on their inventions and the results it 'should' produce, leaving the rest of their army without command. By the time an Engineer is ready to use his (or her, in the case of one Frau Meikle) invention, most of their fledgling army has already been killed, routed, or sometimes worse (you never know when they might rise up as zombies for the other side!)

Secondly, those Engineers that do manage to get their heads around telling people what to do for a change often do not have the best tactical sense. Whilst obviously this testing phase is not intended for large scale battles (those being left to more experienced Generals), many a potential Engineer has been killed trying to face a foe with a larger and more experienced force then his. Needless to say, the loss of such potentially useful inventions are mourned moreso then the Engineer who created them.

Engineer Hamandy is one such Engineer testing the weapons of the Empire; his testing process focused on the infamous Helstorm Rocket Battery. Trying to think about the idea of cammand as a whole, he hopes to lead a force that will keep him and his machine alive for the six months. The soldiers under his command may be young and inexperienced, or uncouth and roudy (especially at the local taverns) but he hopes he can lead them well.

Hamandy's Weapons Research, Development, and Field Testing Assembly

CHARACTERS

Master Engineer Hamandy with Light Armour, Warhorse, Repeater Pistol, Pigeon Bombs, Talisman of Protection - 127pts

CORE

12 Free Companies, Standard, Musician - 72pts

12 Free Companies, Standard, Musician - 72pts

SPECIAL

5 Pistoliers, Musician, Outrider, Repeater Pistol - 114pts

RARE

Helstorm Rocket Battery - 115pts

TOTAL = 500PTS

redbeardthefarmer
30-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Wow...I am going to get killed in this contest. I just threw something together. Really need to work on my fluff!

Rabidnid
31-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Taveta lifted the hair from her neck, to let it cool in the oppressive heat, as wshe watched the enormous rump of the hydra thrash from side to side as it tore apart the foliage obstructing their path. As she watched she fumed...

How do I let people talk me into these things?

"it will just be a quiet side trip so there is no point wasting resources" "Just check the temple and get back hereas soon as you can"

Her resourses consisted of the hydra now ripping though the foliage, 10 replacement crossbows without even an officer or musician, and the remaints of a spear unit that outran its now dead cohorts in its last battle.

One of the beatmaster stolled over...

"There is a road under this mess so its likely we are nearing the temple"

Taveta nodded and waived her back to her beast. Gesturing to the minor lordling commanding the spears, she directed them to proceed down the path crated by the hydra, and then moved herself to collect the the crossbows and pack skinks so that she sould bring up the rear.

A side expedition in Lustra.

Level 2 sorceress naked

10 RXB with shields
10 spears with shields champ and muso

Hydra

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
31-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks Rabidnid! :)

Alright, voting will occur after tomrrow, you'll all get two votes each (not for the same person).

Also, any non-voting contacting/queries you need to make with me should be written on my profile wall, as my PM box will be flooded. Obviously if it needs to remain absolutely private, then I will accept a PM. :)

Eodred
01-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Not too late to enter is it?

Beardlings first battle.

Young dwarfs are organised into detachments to protect war machines and supply lines as their first experience of battle, as they age and their beards lengthen they are inducted into the units of warriors, until that point they have to use every opportunity to prove themselves able and brave.

This is one such beardling detachment, they have proved themselves brave on a few occasions but have also legged it on a few, they will not be accepted by the clan until they've shown themselves in a better light, for this reason they fight.

Thane (Gurdi), shield, rune of stone.
20 warriors (Gurdi's Shields (beardlings)), shields, full command.
18 Quarrellers (Snorri's Elf Stickers), full command.

And it all fits in 500 points :D

Cheers
E

Saint of M
01-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Dark elf scouting party

Master with Dagger of Hoteck, heavy armor, handbow, and seadragon cloak

11 corsairs with handbows and full comand: 138

10 corsairs with two handweapons and full comand: 125

6 shades with 2 handweapons and Light Armor.

494 points total

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
01-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys! :)

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
01-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I'll begin the voting now. :)

RULES:

You have two votes, you can vote for two individuals.
You must vote for the THEME of the army list.
Any suspicious voting (for yourself etc.) will result in myself ignoring your vote comlpletely.

Inquisitor Hanson
01-02-2009, 07:29 PM
500 points would work well as small skirmish forces that are attached to your main army, i think they actually do make you create small 500 point army lists for some tournaments aswell as the normal 2000pts army list you need for participation, its an interesting idea none the less, i would do but it pains me to try and create such a pitifully small force, i will definately give it a try at some point but i fear i wont get much using Chaos.

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
01-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Well, not my problem mate! ;)

This is just a nice competition to see what people can come up with using many restrictions. You can vote if you like though mate! :)

Inquisitor Hanson
02-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Understood Ace Rimmer, God what a guy, lol

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
02-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Haha, sure was mate! :D

Inquisitor Hanson
02-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Smoke me a kipper skipper youl be back for breakfast (hopefully) if you arent mr Flibbles going to get very cross and peel off your skin. C Ya around Ace and if your interested il be waiting for you in my quarters covered in mango syrup ;-)

Marticus
03-02-2009, 10:21 AM
are the votes n such in? and so on and so forth... how does vote? i been away for the weekend, well away from comp anyway lol

waylander2
03-02-2009, 01:16 PM
how does vote?

I just sent an email to Fire Harte...... i assume that's how you vote??

Killer
03-02-2009, 01:24 PM
You can drop him a PM too...

Marticus
03-02-2009, 01:24 PM
good thinking dude!

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
03-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Yup, I did say a PM somewher'o'o I think. Oh and this is a first competion of many. ;)

Marticus
03-02-2009, 04:16 PM
excellent votes pmed yay!

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
03-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Like 3 hours ago! Get with the times old bean! :D

Marticus
03-02-2009, 04:49 PM
gets his hearing trumpet out... WHAT!!! lol im old and forgetful leave me alone lol so when shall the winner be announced and suchliek then?

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
03-02-2009, 04:52 PM
probs the day after I stop the voting mate. For both 40k and fantasy competitions. :)

Marticus
03-02-2009, 04:54 PM
coolio maximus i shall look forward to it :) i think the entry standard has been really high :)

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
03-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Oh indeed, the voting is all over the place! :eek:

waylander2
06-02-2009, 02:13 PM
What happened? did i miss the results?

Marticus
06-02-2009, 02:18 PM
aye wheres the results!

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
06-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Shall I put them up now then? I was going to wait until sunday (I think I said that didn't I? :o)

Marticus
06-02-2009, 04:50 PM
NOW!!! :) i wont be abl;e to see till tuesday otherwise!

Rabidnid
06-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Now is good

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
06-02-2009, 05:08 PM
http://www.astronomican.com/forums/showthread.php?p=158555#post158555

Above link shows the winners! :D

Can a mod please lock the thread? :)