View Full Version : Screw in stems

24-01-2009, 05:40 PM
ok, here we go first, you will need some barrel connectors, flea bays best 5mm ones they're about £2 for 20,
here they are with your stem

as you can see now when separate their is a male and female end

cut off the links that would hold the chain/necklace on

then drill out the end of the link you cut off with the right size drill,while holding the male end in a pair of pliers,
to the size of the top of your stem, and glue that to the stem, you can use super glue.

drill out the mini to the size of the female end and insert with super glue, best to leave these a while about an hour to make sure they are dry and a good bond

then voilà, easy to unscrew and pack and a hell of a lot stronger, i have never had one of these break,
for extra strength in a heavy mini, use small hollow brass rod from a model shop, instead of the plastic stem

Captain Castus
24-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Excellent idea! :D

REP for that...

24-01-2009, 05:48 PM
That is very cool and a good idea, I think I will be using this on my BFG fleet and some of my larger flying things.

24-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Where can I get barrel connectors? :)

EDIT: REPed you on the BFG thread. :D

24-01-2009, 06:00 PM
flea bay, they are really cheap, 5mm ones are standard for all my stuff inc the heavy ones, but i have used 10mm before but only on very big stuff as the hole you have to drill in the mini is too large

24-01-2009, 06:00 PM
As darknight said eBay is a good bet for them but you can get them from places such as screwfix and B&Q.