PDA

View Full Version : First Orcs

LAZtheinfamous
22-01-2009, 04:43 AM
So I've decided that since everyone that I actually know in the real world plays fantasy, I ought to get in on it. I've had the Battle for Skull Pass for some time (I'm a sucker for boxes with huge amounts of minatures). With getting a few things here, and few things there, I have most of an Orcs army, so I decided I'd go whole hog, and jump in. So first is the list (as I've made it so far) of what I have and will be recieving shortly. This is all definite, since I actually own these models. As for expanding it up towards 2000 points, I'm pretty open, but I want to spend as little as I can. So punch for the buck is the name of the game.

Lord;
Black Orc Warboss
Heavy Armor, Wyvern, Martog's Best Basha, Spiteful Shield, Warboss Umm's Best Boss 'at, Warboss Imbad's Iron Gnasha's.

Heroes
Night Goblin Boss:
Battle Standard
Backstabbas Blade
Amulet of Protectyness

Night Goblin Shaman:
Level 2
2 Dispel Scrolls

Special:
Boar Chariot

Core:
20 Night Goblins with Bows
Champion/Musician/Standard

20 Goblins with Spears

20 Goblins with Spears

19 Orc Boys
Shields
Big 'Uns
Mork's Spirit Totem

Rare:
Troll

So in case I'm breaking some rule, in total it's 1361 points. So the things I'm thinking of buying to fill out the force are a box of fantatics, a giant, mainly because I think those are some great models. Any suggestions for getting them up to snuff for a 2000 point list?

Snoza
22-01-2009, 06:26 AM
The list looks like it will have some fleeing issus', but i dont know much about Orcs and gobbos, but i will try and help

well i will say you will need, 15-20 Black Orcs Full command and anything else they can get these will stop some of the animosty in your army, and if you want to you can always put another black orc boss in this unit for bouns carnage, and with the Night Gobbos' throw 3 fanatics, cause well they are devasting, and another Night Gobbo Shaman, or Orc Shaman, which ever, and more orc units all together, cause well goblin's will no stay in comabt for long, and they dont pack the power of orcs, so i would say a unit or two of Savage Orc boyz,5-10 savage orc boar boyz, giant, and well a few units of normal Boyz, should get you up to
2000+ points, which will also give you more varity, and i would also suggest getting a Rock Lobba, and Spear Chukka, just for laughs and giggles, but also for a little pre combat carnage. also if you could try to increase the Troll unit to either 3 or 6 but your choice, 3 is a really good number for a unit of trolls

As for the cost, of everything i have stated it maybe a wee bit more then your budget, but then that also gives you a general idea of things you might need, and go off that.

I hope that this helps. good luick with the army

Snoza

Marticus
22-01-2009, 10:14 AM
a couple of spearchucka are good and being a 2 for 1 bargain special choice :) wolf chariots can be useful, fanatics are a must squg hoppers are rather nifty too and herders :)

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
22-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I think at least one more regiment of boyz. The goblins are fine but lack leadership. A boss with a battle standard is your best bet to counter this. I also reccomend the ork hero kit. 1) For the battle standard 2) the parts 3) You're a very competent hobbyist so I suggest a conversion to an ork wizard, they may seem steep but their magic is nasty.

Here are a few articles on all aspects of magic:

Warseer Magic 101 Tactica (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124089)

As you can see I have contributed to the Little Waaagh!! magic. :)

*Ark says: figured it out, next time make sure you don't forget the "o" in counter :eek: :p

LAZtheinfamous
23-01-2009, 12:57 AM
A boss with a battle standard is your best bet t ****er this.

What? Did the Imperium, I mean Sigmarites censor you?

Arkaedin
23-01-2009, 01:04 AM
I have no clue what that word could possibly be in order for
a) it to make the sentence make sense and
b) get censored by forum software

EDIT- got it, he forgot the "o" in counter.

LAZtheinfamous
23-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Ah that makes soooo much more sense. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what he was talking about that got censored. Thanks!

What is the Orc Hero kit? There doesn't seem to be any Hero kits on GW's website.

Snoza
23-01-2009, 04:04 AM
LAZ, The hero kit is the plastic Orc Warboss box, which is like the Empire general box.

I hope that helps

Snoza

LAZtheinfamous
23-01-2009, 04:15 AM
This one (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50031&prodId=prod840850)?

japehlio
23-01-2009, 07:02 AM
i like the list, and black orks are always nasty, but very helpful to you at the same time. Giants are just fun (never forget the time when, on the second turn of the game, a giant rolled "pick up and...", which turned out to be "eat", whilst in combat with my general! needless to say i fluffed my attack and was chomped!
as for another sorceror, either go all out and get an ork wizard at lvl 2 for casty stuff, or a night goblin shamen at lvl 1 with 2 dispel scrolls, giving you 4 all together, and 4 dispel dice (remember, upgrading him to lvl 2 doesnt give him another dispel dice) the "scroll caddy" tactic...

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
23-01-2009, 06:01 PM
This one (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50031&prodId=prod840850)?

Sure is mate!

I know you may not want boar boyz (models are ridiculously priced even by my standards!) so I suggest you sculpt a pair of legs for the "on foot" model. :)

Then you can use the boar for pretty much anything you like. You've got a very good imagination anyway.

Cough-extra-ork-and-boar-on-a-chariot-cough!

Oh and as for the goblin shamans, I suggest at least one of them has some magic 'shrooms for the very agressive ability. :)