PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt High elve tournament list

Marticus
15-01-2009, 01:25 PM
so in a first for me im entering a tournament... first game is on monday its at my local store and its an odd one. starts at 2000pts for each win u get u drop 50pts at the end of a series of games the army with the lowest points is the winner, hence me not bothering to include a lord. so anyway lets see what my brother astronites think....

heros

caradryan

lv2 mage on foot with annulian crystal. takes a power dice from the enemys to add to ur dispel pool
lv2 mage on foot

not much in characters i know but im mainly planning to lock down the magic with drain magic spell hopefully. caradyran will sit in the phoenix guard giving them magic resistance 3

core

10 archers no command.. just to make up numbers ;)

15 seaguard full command

special

2 tiranoc chariots

19 phoenix guard full command

20 swordmasters full command with baner of arcane protection for magic resistnace 2

5 shadow warriors with shadow walker

rare

2 bolt throwers and a great eagle

tis a small army but elve armeis are.... the idea is to put the swordmasters and phoenix guard straight down the middle with the chariots on the flank the seaguard can react to where ever i need them the eagle for lone wizards war machines and the mages to lock magic down... so what ye think? would this list worry u as an opponent or would u laugh at its feeblness... bearing in mind i always strike first swordmastrers are nasty gits and the phoenix guard cause fear

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
15-01-2009, 04:39 PM
I like the idea of the torunament. I can see you will need a few spare units just to make things easier for point dropping. say if you decide to drop a tiranoc chariot and you have like 40 odd points left, you can use a bolt thrower. If you get what I mean is this acceptable in the tournament?

Marticus
16-01-2009, 08:59 AM
yeah so long as it stays at the point amounts u can trade things around... which is easy for me i got another 2000 pts of just troops laying around for high elves let alone characters lol

Marticus
16-01-2009, 10:58 AM
come on astronites gimme a hand i dont want to bring shame on us lol

Snoza
16-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Well personally i like the Lion Chariots instead of the Tiranoc, cause well they both look really cool, they also cause fear, do the same as a Tiranoc Chariot i believe anyway, and then there is the White Lions themselves which are a power house on there own.and i would would also swap the Archers for another unit of Sea guard (but thats just me) other then that, the list looks really solid and i wish you all the luck for the Games to come :D

Snoza

Marticus
16-01-2009, 11:24 AM
i have 2 lion chariots but wanted the tiranoc ones as they half the points... and do have bows for ranged fire. id like another seaguard unit but dont have any built yet lol so archers are a nice cheap core filler to do for the time being :)

Your Conscience
16-01-2009, 01:19 PM
I think this list is alright for a HE list anyway lol and i lik ethe idea of locking down the magic ohase the only thing thaty i would suggest having maybe a scouting unit in case your eagle is shot down but thats all looks like a solid lis but remeber not to get your units drawn out of position

Marticus
16-01-2009, 02:14 PM
added the shadow warriors they are in it i just forgot about them lol thanks for the input monday will tell i guess since i have no idea what kind of popponents im going up agaisnt

Your Conscience
16-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Right now the only other thing that i coudl suggest is maybe adding another main stay unit in there liek some high elf spear or something along thiose lines so that your phoniex guard and sword masters dont have to take the brunt of a charge and therefore if thye hold you can then charge the either of the above or the chariot and then it woudl be very effect and i use the same tactic with undead but on that point it is easier for me to do that.

Rabidnid
17-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Right now the only other thing that i coudl suggest is maybe adding another main stay unit in there liek some high elf spear or something along thiose lines so that your phoniex guard and sword masters dont have to take the brunt of a charge and therefore if thye hold you can then charge the either of the above or the chariot and then it woudl be very effect and i use the same tactic with undead but on that point it is easier for me to do that.

I agree, If your oppoent has any shooting your sword masters would be dead very fast, though they should be fine versus an average chaos melee/magic army. The trend with my armies is to use blocks of warriors and then small units of witches (5-7) as rear security and flankers once the main unit is in combat. With 3 ranks fighting and ASF your warriors are the most scary thing in your army. I'd run 2 blocks of them and two small units of swordsman rather than your two massive blocks of elite troops.