PDA

View Full Version : how should i use th green stuff for vulkan

mclovin95
08-01-2009, 07:48 PM
okay so now ive buitt the model and made the flame gauntlet, now i need to make his cape and tasset. any ideas i myself was thinking of cutting the stuff into little triangles then rebuilding it into a cape any sugestons?:)

Consadine
08-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Make a flat piece of GS and shape that as a cape and attach to the model, I'm sure that's how it's done.

Starky
08-01-2009, 07:54 PM
the way i did it was to make a piece of green stuff flat and circular. then cut circles out and then take the sides off with a knife, let them dry for 0.5 hours and then mould them to the surface you wish them to be on and let them dry there.

Starky

mclovin95
08-01-2009, 08:08 PM
thanks starky could you explain with a bit more detail though? i just wanna make sure cauz im centering my army around him and want to make sure i get him just right:D thanks

mclovin95
08-01-2009, 08:11 PM
thanks starky could you explain with a bit more detail though? i just wanna make sure cauz im centering my army around him and want to make sure i get him just right:D thanks

im sry about first line me nt no disrespect.

Starky
08-01-2009, 08:21 PM
If you are doing what i did and putting the greenstuff on to a cloak then get apiece of greenstuff about 1.5 the size of the cape and then roll it into a circle about 2mm thick or to your preference. Then with a wet knife cut small circles of varying size as big as you think is ok. Then cut the edges off so they are pentagons and hexagons, then (this is very important) let it dry slightly for about 30 mins or so and then press them gently on to the cloak so there is no grey showing on the side you are covering, if there is any plastic showing then get small ball of gs and press it into the gap with a knife and modelling tool. If you need any more help then say so and i shall make a tutorial.

Starky

mclovin95
08-01-2009, 08:27 PM
thanks man!:D ill post when its done and i assume by 1.5 you mean 1 point 5 inches.

tarantulus
09-01-2009, 11:22 AM
no no no! 1.5 times the size of the cape.

Starky
09-01-2009, 04:13 PM
yeah you got it tarantulus, you need it to be roughly one and half times the size of the cape so you still have stuff left for other bits such as the loin cloth and random scales hanging off him.

Starky