PDA

View Full Version : 4,000 O&G v's Tomb Kings

waylander2
05-01-2009, 09:35 PM
I wasn't sure whether to take a wyvern for this game. I decided to go for lots of shamans, and go for speed and Waaagh, move, then Waaagh (which can be 26" move for infantry, or 36" for wolf riders) That's why i've got no war machines.
I think he might take the special character that makes all his archers have poisonous arrows (that's my other reason for not fielding a wyvern)
I'm planning on charging as many of his archers on turn 2 with lots of wolf riders, or charge them on turn 1 (they can't stand and fire) He has either 2 or 3 Bone Giants, i plan on charging these with bursts of speed

This game is going to be on a 9ft x 4ft table.
Here's the list that i think i'll use:

Black Orc Warboss "general"...(hvy arm, sh, boar, Battleaxe Last Waaagh)..278
Orc Gr Shaman lvl 4 (power stone, nibblas ring, waaagh paint, staff sorcery)...300
Orc Gr Shaman lvl 4 (power stone, staff baduum, dispel scroll, boar)...329
Black Orc BSB (hvy arm, Morks Spirit-Totem)... 139
Orc Shaman lvl 2 (dispel scroll) ...125
Night Goblin Shaman lvl 2 (two mushrooms).. 105

5 Wolf Riders ....sp, lgt arm.. 65
34 Orc Boyz ....sh, lgt arm, full cmd... 234
35 Orc Boyz ....add chop, lgt arm, full cmd .. 275
32 Orc Boyz ....add chop, lgt arm, full cmd .. 254
20 Night Goblins (either s bows, or sh) x3 fanatics ...135
24 Savage Orcs add chop, full cmd .... 270
24 Savage Orcs add chop, full cmd .... 270
2 Giants ...... 410
4 Snotling Pump Wagons........160

I was going to take alot of bolt throwers, but i'm planning on casting the Waagh spell (if i get it) with those two level 4 Shamans. The wolf riders are just to charge into archers and stop them firing. Im' either going to risk 4d6 or 5d6 for the Waagh, i need two 6s because i know he'll take alot of dispel scrolls.

I've gone for alot of hitting power, rather then protection with the Black Orc general. Not sure if you agree with that?

I'm planning on using the old fanatic "death throes tactic" with the 3 orc boyz units at the front and the NGs close behind. All within 12" of general. So anyone that charges me releases 3 fanatics, if i roll 1 to 7 they do d6 str5 hits to my orcs and land infront, then he takes 2d6 str5 per fanatic. (so possible 6d6 str5 before combat starts) Hopefully this should smash a few chariots :D

Depending on terrain, the savage orcs will flank somewhere. The Giants go straight for his bone giants

The staff of sorcery is very useful against Tomb Kings because it'll add +1 to every single one of my dispel rolls (he rolls lots of single dice)
I did have two wolf chariots. The idea was if they charge with the Waaagh spell they don't need to take fear/terror tests. Aim them at Bone Giants, but i'm not sure about this because they'd probably need Ld tests after that turn and be useless

What do you think?

Points = 3,999
Models = 238
Deployment = 18
Power = 18 plus two power stones, one bound, two mushrooms
Dispel = 13 (+1 to all dispels) and 4 dispel scrolls

Carrelio
07-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Well, right off the bat, the amount of dispels you've got has basically killed the other guys magic... and honoustly... what are tomb kings without magic. Very solid list, my monies on you.